SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theana_angelus

Subzero 30" column fridge and freezer units- feedback

Theana Angelus
3 years ago

Good evening Houzz rockstars!

I am about to make a big decision of purchasing a Subzero 30" column fridge and freezer combo and would love to hear some feedback before I do, especially from those that either have the units or at least a similar size. In an ideal world, I would've gone with two 36" but I am limited on space, with only 60". My questions/concerns are:

- Is a 30" fridge unit big enough?? We are a couple looking to start a family and grow to 4 who will almost always have at least 5 for dinner (including my Mom who will be living downstairs). Plus we love to entertain which is why we will actually have a beverage fridge and ice maker over by the wet bar area off dining room space. That way we keep people out of the kitchen when looking to get drinks and it frees up space. We also shop at big box stores where the fridge always has big containers of spinach. juice, milk, and your usual veggies and cheeses. AND we definitely store leftovers.

- Would you consider going lower in size (say a 24") for the freezer for a 36" fridge? We also have a pantry so I could put a deep freezer in there to help with overflow.

If you have the units and have pictures I'd love to see them! Thanks so much for your valuable time and intel.

Cheers,

Theana

Comments (48)

• Theana Angelus
    Original Author
    3 years ago

That’s super helpful thank you pennfire!

• Related Discussions

Frig/Freezer Columns vs. Subzero side by side?

Q

Comments (3)
    We have 30''/18'' Therm columns. For us, the SZ vs Therm decision was driven by appearance--we wanted totally integrated units that would disappear between our wall cabinets. The large overhead grill in the SZ made them unworkable. You look at a "fully integrated" SZ, see the grill, and say "oh there's a SubZero." You look at our cabinets and unless you know where, you can't find the Therms. It's an affectation, but one what works well with our moderately contemporary kitchen. Otherwise, they perform well, albeit with some minor concerns to date about reliability, see my other posts on that topic.
    ...See More

30" fridge + freezer-only columns or undercounter freezer drawers

Q

Comments (1)
    I need to make the same decision. :) I do not know the cost of the same base units from Gaggenau. Perhaps someone could post them if they get them before me. I think the layout in the Gagg is better than Miele or Thermador. The UI always seems better on the Gaggenau, too (based on reading the operating guides).
    ...See More

Subzero 48 inch built-in vs. Miele Fridge/Freezer - Please help!!!

Q

Comments (8)
    Yes we are putting them side by side and probably don’t want the panels. Yes we are getting 2 dishwashers. I really like the Miele with 3D cutlery tray at the top. I suppose we could still get 1 Miele dishwasher with the Thermador package but if we were to go with a 30 inch Thermador fridge and 24 inch Thermador freezer with external dispenser, with stainless panels and professional handles, would be about $5k more than the SubZero 48 inch builtin fridge for us. And Thermador like Subzero does not have printshield finish. And new Thermador freezer with external dispenser has no shelves on the door so less storage. So even though we really considered Thermador for everything, switched to Miele or SubZero/Wolf because we also want a combisteam oven which apparently are better by Miele and Wolf. Anyways, think I am leaning to Subzero fridge/freezer but worried will be sorry not just getting everything Miele. Miele’s prices just went up today too even though also started back up 10 percent off deal. Miele just seems like excellent quality and ease of use, even though probably more drawn to professional look of Subzero/Wolf. So confused!!!!!
    ...See More

Integrated 36 Sub-Zero freezer/fridge too small?

Q

Comments (8)
    Don't know what configurations Liebherr is currently offering in those sizes, but I can vouch that mine is hands-down the best fridge I've ever had, easily on par with the subzero (at least the one I had 15 yrs ago). Liebherr's likely got the same advantages as the SZ in terms of interior moisture management & dual compressors, so perhaps you can find what you need in their current line if the SZ designs aren't doing it for you? I find it roomier in the smaller sizes than the designs of the current US-branded fridges, which seem annoyingly clunky with huge molded interiors that take up all the usable space.
    ...See More
  • jdsb2
    3 years ago

I have a 30" column freezer and fridge (Miele), but also have an extra full size 32" column fridge and freezer (Frigidaire twins) in the pantry. We cook every day and have 3 teenage boys who eat a lot. The freezer space is the tightest, but we buy meat in bulk and also freeze sauces/broth/soup etc... If I was more organized and shopped more frequently, I could make a 30" fridge and freezer work with a backup freezer.

• Theana Angelus
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@jdsb2 Thank you so much for sharing that with me! That’s very helpful to know and makes me feel better about my decision.

I’m so jealous that you have the Frigidaire 32” units! My mother in law has them and they’ve been great for over 12 years. It’s a bummer they’re discontinued, so had to go for the SZ instead since that’s the only other brand I can get a proper warranty and technician for down here for column units.

Thanks again!

• megs1030
    3 years ago

We have the 36” fridge and freezer columns. We are a family of 4. We eat a lot of fresh produce and I do occasionally cook soups / tomato sauce in large batches to store in the freezer. The freezer is plenty adequate for our needs. Same with the fridge. We have a beverage center in our BP and we do have a fridge / freezer combo in our garage that we use to store cases of beer, food made in advance of holidays, apples from apple picking, etc. The 30” would be tight for us.

• akrogirl32
    3 years ago

We put the 36” freezer column in our pantry after our old Kenmore/Frigidaire died last Jan/Feb, and SubZero was the only available option (we had to give up on waiting for the new Electrolux). There only the two of us, but we do freeze a lot of fruit and meat. We debated going with the 30”, but are very glad we went with the 36”. Overall, we are happy with our decision, but the freezer does make some noticeable noise for a few seconds after the door has been opened and closed. It is not an issue in this location, but it is definitely noisier than the Liebherr fridge in our kitchen

• Theana Angelus
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks so much! I have one follow up question, I think I just realized the height of the 30 inch integrated columns, I’m only 5 ft 2 would I even be able reach the top shelf?! I think the “classic” style might be a bit shorter? What do you all have?

• jdsb2
    3 years ago

I am 5’ and have the Miele integrated columns and have no issue with the top shelf.

• M
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We carefully examined how we were using our refrigeration space and noticed that we use the fridge a lot more than the freezer. So, when remodeling, we ended up buying a 36" SubZero fridge for the kitchen. Love the extra capacity. I think we would be able to make do with 30". But it would frequently get crowded and disorganized. The 36" keeps everything much easier to find. Counter-depth 36" all-fridge is truly a sweet spot for a very functional fridge.

This all works great, because we also have a relatively large commercial ("True" brand) all-fridge in the garage. It's for all the bulky Costco purchases and beverages.

On the other hand, our freezer needs are met by two under counter freezer drawers just outside the kitchen. They do get full. But if they were any fuller, it would just be with food that we forgot to eat. I don't think extra freezer space would do us much good.

In other words, a) figure out whether you want to have overflow refrigeration space in the garage, b) figure out whether you have uneven needs for fridge and freezer space and consider an asymmetrical configuration (e.g. 24" + 36"), and c) consider moving the freezer out of the kitchen unless you know that you need immediate access all the time.

• lcm1986
    3 years ago

This is such a helpful thread as I was going to ask something similar. I had thought of not having a freezer in the kitchen and putting it in the pantry but was second guessing myself. @M what brand of under counter freezer drawers do you have in your pantry? I love that idea!

• M
    3 years ago

We have Perlick, as they had more capacity than the Subzero, and add we didn't want the ice maker to take up space. We have another place in the house that has ice when we need it.

Initially they kept building up frost, but a service technician came by and fixed the settings. He said, out of the factory they run the defrost cycle a little too infrequently.

Ever since, they have been working flawlessly. My only other comment is that they are not completely silent, whereas our Subzero column fridge can pull that off.

• thekeller4
    2 years ago

Great thread! I am deciding between the Thermador 30" column fridge and freezer and Subzero. One review I read said that Subzero is a bit tougher to open (due to the excellent seal). Do any of you with Subzeros find it annoying to open? We also plan to panel, which will make it even heavier to open. Also, is it tough for kids to open?

• thekeller4
    2 years ago

@Theana Angelus, did you go with 30" and are you happy with the size?

• M
    2 years ago

My kids have absolutely no problem opening the Subzero. We bought the built-in and not the integrated version, but we recessed it into the wall for flush installation. I think, this is a unique feature of the SubZero. I really like that look, but it is not universally possible to modify the walls to do so; so, you'd have to check with your contractor.

We have now had the SubZero all-fridge column for a couple of years and would not want to replace it with anything else. It's a wonderful, if expensive, refrigerator.

• thekeller4
    2 years ago

@M, thank you! Would you mind posting a picture of your stand alone fridge, along with your freezer drawers? We are building, so we have flexibility and I am wondering what configuration we should do. Right now we have only considered two 30" columns (one a fridge, the other a freezer), and will then have a basic LG french door fridge/freezer in a nearby pantry. Do you foresee this as being a good set up, or should I consider your set up (I guess wondering pros/cons). I'd love to see pictures of yours! Thank you so much, and happy to hear the door is not an issue!

• M
    2 years ago

There are pictures in this comment: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5729192/counter-depth-fridge-love-yours#24244586

I really like the 36" column for the fridge. I am not sure that would be need for the freezer. If the freezer gets this full, I usually end up forgetting to use things and then need to toss them at some point. So, a smaller freezer would serve us better. The drawers work well for our family, but everybody has different requirements. We intentionally picked drawers that don't have an ice maker and use a countertop unit to make a batch ever couple of weeks; I then put those into the freezer. This might or might not work well for you.

Having overflow space somewhere else in the house is good. But we discovered that we mostly need more fridge space. So, we got another all-fridge (True, commercial line). It's mostly for beverages and items that we buy in bulk.

I think your plan could work fine, if you need roughly as much freezer space as fridge space. My only concern is the giant 60" wall of cold storage in your kitchen. We intentionally broke things up a little bit.

• Kim G
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We have the SZ integrated 36” over and under fridge and 30” SZ integrated over and under freezer. I have had them now for almost 7 years and love love love them. No issues and I really like having the two bottom drawers particularly in the fridge for casseroles (bottom drawer) and other larger dishes. I also enjoy the top drawer for produce as it holds alot of produce. Their system does keep vegetables if needed a long time (2-3 weeks maybe more depending on the item). If the 36” freezer was available at the time I would have gone that direction as I do freeze meats/poutry/leftovers/sauces/ice cream etc. I still have a standalone fridge and freezer in a utility room and 3 undercounter beverage fridges - probably overkill but all do get used and are farily full.

My grandchildren ages 5 and 7 can open the sz If you close and try to reopen right away it can be hard due to the seal. Same issue with my Whirlpool freezer.

• thekeller4
    2 years ago

@M, initially I liked the symmetry of the two 30" columns vs. a smaller freezer, but I hadn't even thought about freezer drawers. It looks like you put them in your island. That's a great idea. I am going to consider this, as more fridge space would be great and I don't need the 30" freezer space (again, was only considering for the symmetry aspect).

• thekeller4
    2 years ago

@M, did you intentionally not do drawers with an icemaker to avoid problems? What countertop icemaker do you have?

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Hi all

i am considering a very similar setup, a SZ refrigerator column and 30” freezer drawers, both designer integrated. my question is whether we should get the 30 or 36 inch column.

PROS of 30”: smaller door that needs less clearance; slightly less expensive; more counter space to right of fridge, smaller cabinet panel prettier.

PROS of 36”: more space (obviously), standard size in case someone who buys house wants to replace with fridge/freezer, minimal price increase.

we will have an undercounter wine fridge but no other overflow fridge, unless we throw the old one in the garage.

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Oh i forgot to say. just 3 of us full time now with 2 in college, but sometimes 5 of us

• thekeller4
    last year

Hi @Suzanne Giomi, I am still in the process of deciding as well, but here is my logic as I decide.

I love the idea of the fridge drawers in my island and wish I could do that, but I've decided against them as I would prefer the prep supply storage space.

Our kitchen design is now set up where the SZ column fridge/freezer will be directly together in the main kitchen and we will then have a small standard fridge/freezer in a back hallway kitchen. This extra fridge/freezer will be for overflow: extra milk, yogurt, etc., and extra fruit and vegetables that my husband will use daily to prep smoothie drinks.

So, for the SZ columns I am debating between the 30" or 36" fridge column and the 24"

or 30" freezer column.

I think I prefer the 36" fridge column because though big, it is of course not as deep, so you are losing overall storage space with these columns. I really like to be organized when it comes to refrigeration and have not had that experience in the past (just with standard size fridge/freezer combos). So, I've been looking forward to being extra organized with my fridge space :).

However, I don't think I necessarily need the 30" freezer space, as I don't freeze as much, we have the standard fridge/freezer in the back kitchen, and will have a deep freeze in the garage.

So now my decision also comes down to aesthetics: If I go with the 36" fridge column, will a 24" freezer column look odd next to it? Do I do the 36" fridge and 30" freezer to balance the whole structure a bit better?

For you, I really think the 36" fridge column makes the most sense, particularly because as you mentioned, if someone else moves in and wants a 36" fridge/freezer, they have the space for that.

Plus, when your kids come home for holidays and such, it's always nice to have extra fridge space.

I'd love your thoughts :)!

• Kim G
    last year

@thekeller4 - I have a 36” fridge/30” columns next to each other. They are paneled. They look fine. I am not at home so I can’t post a pic. I looked at it as the side by side fridges don’t have the same width doors for fridge/freezer and that looks ok. I don’t think the 24” column would look odd next to the 36 but I really like having my 30” freezer even though I have a separate stand alone all freezer in my utility room. I enjoy the extra space when needed.

I would recommend you consider the over/under configuration. I did that and absolutely LOVE the two bottom drawers in both my fridge and freezer. The upper drawer of the fridge is for produce and it holds a ton. The bottom drawer is deeper front to back than your upper fridge shelves so I use it for storing large casserole pans when needed. I can also stack two if necessary. It is also easy to access and you don’t have to bend way down to get to the very back.

• thekeller4
    last year

@Kim G, do you mean the over/under configuration for our additional fridge/freezer in a back kitchen, or in place of the two columns? I appreciate your input :)!

• Kim G
    last year
    last modified: last year

No I mean the subzero over/under configurations available for the column fridge and freezers. Door on top and two drawers on the bottom.. I tried to paste the link but it is not filtering correctly. If you go to sz webiste you can filter on over/under configurations for all fridge and freezer columns. Only seem to come in 30 and 36 inch widths

• Kim G
    last year

this link OVer/Under SZ Fridge Column seems to work

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Hello the Keller4.

i am leaning towards doing something in a 36” for resale, etc., whether it be the classic over under fridge freezer in stainless steel or a 36” only refrigerator column with separate freezer drawers, paneled. i happened to notice the SZ designer column in 36” with two drawers underneath last night and LOVED it. it makes the big door easier to handle, bc its not full length and besides you dont even open it if youre only using the drawers. i do prefer the second option but it would cost a few thousand more. i will post the difference in my next post. i wish i had room for two large cokumns but live in the Sf bay area where space is at a premium.

btw: how do you feel about stainless steel vs panels. i dont like SZ built ins with panels so would do SS in that but panels on the deaigner series.

also going to post a pic of our current fridge wall so you have an idea of our layout. note that the garage door to left of fridge will move back to be flush with wall and wall left of fridge will move over approx. 4” (tbd when contractor makes hole to determine if possible).

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Hi again theKeller4 (btw that is my sister’s last name!)

Here are the numbers:

note: fridges have water dispenser and freezer drawers have ice maker:

1) 36” built in fridge/freezer, one door, SS: $12,850 (-$1,000 rebate for getting full size fridge and wolf range) = $11,850

2) 36” designer column with 2 drawers, panel ready ($10,845) plus freezer drawers ($5,240).

grand total: $16,085 (plus cost of panels)

3) 30” designer column no drawers plus freezer drawers: $14,635 w/o panels

4) 42” built in FD model, stainless steel: $14,155 ($13,155 after rebate)

looking forward to your thoughts!

suzanne

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Ok kellers

i called sub zero and have new price quotes:

1. Classic 36” panel ready w stainless steel accessories for flush installatiin: $13,255.

2) Classic 42” FD otherwise same as above: $15,605

3) Designer 30” refrigerator column, no drawers below with separate 30” freezer drawers: $15,095

4) Designer 36” refrigerator column with two bottom drawers and separate freezer drawers: $16,195

According to Sub Zero I would get $1,000 rebate in all of the above configurations (as ordering Wolf range)

• thekeller4
    last year

@Suzanne Giomi, I'm trying to remember the difference between SZ built ins vs the designer series? Is the designer series counter depth and built ins are not?

I'm thinking with your scenario it may be best to do the SZ over/under that was discussed above, so that you have your fridge/freezer all in one place.

If you did an all fridge, where would your freezer drawers go?

I am a big fan of the panelling, but have really only seen it with the counter depth models.

The fridge over/under and freezer over/under are a new concept for me. @Kim G, I may check these out, but would they look good together? It would be a lot of handles together...correct? The two handles on both the fridge and freezer main doors and then 4 more bottom handles (2 on each column for the drawers). I'm trying to picture how this would look.

I guess I was set on a fridge column and a freezer column, but maybe I should consider something with drawers?

I would love help weighing the pros/cons. @Suzanne Giomi makes a good point about less door weight with the over/under version.

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Hi

the Builti in (now called classic) are the old school SZ’s with the grille on top. The body of the fridge is counter depth but the doors stand "proud" of that about 2 inches (ans rhe handles beyond fhat). i do not like the look of cabinet panels on these but am leaning towards what is called a "flush installation" where you order the fridge panel ready and separately order stainless steel overlay panel door, grille, and drawer. These acccessories are different than the doors that come with the SS model and are specifically designed so that you can make the doors flush with your cabinet or trim panels. You need to have a 26" deep cavity and You need an extrra 2 inches width for this type of installation, and a "cleat" to help hide the 1/2 jnch reveal between the fridge and trim. not sure if this makes sense or not — it took me a long time to wrap my head around it. i dont really like rhe look of the doors sticking out so would prob go this route.

a big difference (and advantage of this model) besides it being cheaper is that since the compressor is on top, the top shelf of the fridge is easier to reach if you're vertically challenged like me haha.

the designer series (formerly integrated) is truly counter depth (24" w/o panel which would be flush wih my 25" deep inset cabinets. they have articulating hinges on the inside so you dont needany clearqnce to open the door. when a panel is on it it looks like any other full size cabinet in your kitchen — you cant even tell its a fridge. i actually like this look as it is very "clean" but not everyone does…

as for my layout if we do a 30" fridge we can put the freezer drawera right nezt to it; with a 36" fridge that might not fit and we would put them on wall just to right or fridge wall,a few steps away…

for your scenario, if you are going to do paneled side by side columns, i actually think it would look prettier with the two drawers below to break up the tall panels — just my opinion, but beware the columns and panels will be more $ this way.

as for us, we are trying to stick to a loose budget but i,m wondering if i should really let a few thousand $ influence my design/layout/enjoyment of the kitchen. wow that sounds really spoiled!

so now that you know the difference between designer and built in, would love to hear your feedback on the options we are considering.

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

BTW

if you’re refering to the 36” designer over under fridge/freezer i dont like it — fridge is too small and too tall.

• Kim G
    last year

@thekeller4 - The units to me look awesome side by side. No there are not too many handles visually. The two drawers looks like pots and pan drawers. I think the SZ website has pics of these in their design section. I can post a pic when I get home. As Suzanne mentions - it is nice to break up the large panels.

• thekeller4
    last year

@Kim G, are you referring to the designer or classic series? I think we were looking at designer, so would look more like cabinetry. But, is the over under model not a good choice with Designer? I think I need to just visit an appliance store again!

• Kim G
    last year

@thekeller4 - My columns are the designer series. I have never cared for the classic with the grill at the top. Since mine are paneled - they blend in with the cabinetry and folks often ask me where the fridge is. I don’t know why the over under would not be a good choice - can you clarify your concern? Its an excellent choice, and the ability to store larger pans/casseroles front to back in the botton drawer versus sideways on a shelf is a huge bonus for me not to mention the ease of accessing stuff at the back of the bottom of your fridge. I also love the huge produce drawer - its the top drawer. It has dividers that you can customize how you organize the space. I took the dividers out of my bottom drawer so it is one large space.

As far as the freezer - the top drawer holds alot of food. This is where I store frozen meat/poultry etc since they store better in a drawer versus a shelf as I vacumn pack most items individually. Again they have dividers you can customize. The bottom drawer is where the ice tray resides and there is extra storage next to the tray. It makes alot of ice and you can keep quite a bit of ice around.

• thekeller4
    last year

@Kim G, I have not seen the over/under in person, so I guess that's where some of the indecisiveness stems from. I do see the point of the drawers for the freezer, as you are right, stacking frozen items in a drawer seems to make a lot of sense.

For the fridge, it almost seems like lining items up on the shelves allows for better organization than drawers? Though it sounds like you like the fridge drawers because they go back far enough to allow for casserole/pan storage. So far I have not done a lot of casserole/pan storage.

Would one ever do a single column fridge and an over/under freezer next to each other, or would that look odd?

I"m planning to look at all of these options tomorrow which will definitely help clarify things for me.

It is hard not having seen the over/under in person, so I do appreciate your help!

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

The over under designer unit i dont like is the 36” refrigerator/freezer combo designer series.

, not the separate columns. the two drawers are for the freezer and the top part is the fridge. the fridge section is too small and too tall for me. i think the columns with drawers look amazing and can’t wait to see them in person. i would prob do the two columns the same style, both with drawers — it will look nicer i think but then again symmetry is over rated.

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

I myself do not have room for 2 columns hence the undecounter freezer drawers

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

The designer fridge column with 2 drawes is the most expenive option I’m looking at

• thekeller4
    last year

@Suzanne Giomi, ahhhh! Ok, this is making sense now. I know you listed some prices above, but remind me how much more is the fridge column with 2 drawers (with your Wolf discount) for you vs the fridge column without drawers (with discount)?

You seem to really love the over/under option with freezer drawers, so that is what I am leaning toward for you, considering your budget may be a little flexible?

I think in the end, you will be very happy and even if roughly 2,000 more, this choice is for many years to come right?

Ok, I have to get your opinion then on the fridge over/under, as far as the drawers go. Do you think produce might get lost in the drawers vs. in the drawers of the single column? Again, I have not seen the over/under in person, but the one thing I don't want, is to be rummaging through deep drawers for produce. Are there lots of dividers so this would not be an issue?

What do you personally like better about the drawers vs having everything organized on shelves in the full column and also in the interior drawers of the full column?

Hopefully this makes sense!

This thread has opened a whole new can of worms for me!

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Unfortunately i dipon’t have the current price of the 36” column w/o drawers but the difference between the 30” column all one door vs with two drawers below is $590 so I’m guessing it’s about the same for the 36”. i have yet to see the column w/drawers in person but planning on going today. At that point i will have a better idea if i like it and/or is worth the $.

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Too many drawers coukd actually be a negative…

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Welcome to the appliance rabbit hole lol!

• thekeller4
    last year

@Suzanne Giomi, my appliance store is closed tomorrow, so I can't go until Monday. Definitely let me know what you think!! I'll be curious to hear what you think about organization with the extra drawers vs just the drawers in the full column. Thanks!

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

I will let you know and will take pictures and post!

• TXGuy
    last year

@thekeller4 You asked if a single column next to an over/under freezer would look odd. In my strong opinion, not at all. I have seen this setup in person, and I think it looks great. In some ways, I prefer the aesthetic to 2 columns next to each other because it breaks things up and adds some visual interest (plus the functional benefits).

One comment to those considering 2 columns next to each other -- I know that is the standard way of doing things, and many people love it. However, I realized that as the doors get bigger (30 or even 36"), it is not convenient to set things on the counter next to the refrigerator or freezer, like you're taking out multiple things, or need to temporarily remove items to access others. That led me to separate my units so I have counter space in between them. This also breaks up the large mass of uninterrupted SS or panels. I understand this won't work for everyone, but it is something to consider.

• TXGuy
    last year

@thekeller4 It's also worth noting that if you're putting paneling on the units, your cabinet maker should be able to make the units look identical when they're closed, if you're so inclined.

• Suzanne Giomi
    last year

Update

we went to the showroom. they did not have the 30 or 36” fridge column with drawers but we decided we didn’t like the height and depth of the designer refrigerators (just slightly over 12” from the back to the edge of the shelf) and can’t reach the back of the top shelf. we just really like the classic (formerly built in) better. of course they are not flush and are stainless steel but very very nice. we will not panel but will consider ”flush installation”.

so now need to decide between 36 and 42” (wall is only 92” to wall and has a corner so 67” to corner. if we do 36 one or two doors?