Estate Organization Tools?

chisue

Is there a booklet or checklist you've found to help organize your 'estate' for your family/heirs? I found something called Everplan online -- are any of you familiar with others? Thank you!

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fun2BHere

Free Download from AARP You might find this link helpful. I'm not sure exactly what you need, but it's probably worth your time to take a look. My attorney provided most of what I needed when I set up my living trust.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I'm not sure what you're looking for in "organization". If your concern is a comprehensive inventory of assets and various accounts, and bills paid regularly, maybe you could accomplish what you want by simply listing the information on paper. Account name, institution, account number, password (if any), contact name and phone number. One copy for spouses to share (for when one predeceases the other) and one copy for your executor for when the second of you dies.

Save    
maifleur03

There are several out there. I highly suggest that if you have an attorney talk to them. Most do have a booklet outlining what is needed in your state. While not all agree each of you should make your planning two ways. One joint the other based on if each of you die before the other.

This will sound odd but when I made pre-arrangements for my husband the funeral home, Dignity, provided a booklet outlining information and a check list of suggested things.

Save    
2pups4me

My dad put together a spreadsheet just as Elmer described. He updated it often and always reminded me where it was located in his desk. When he died, that document was extremely helpful and made a very stressful time a bit more manageable.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Top 10 Unsung Organizing Tools
Look no farther than your drawers, closets or purse for the best and cheapest ways to keep your home neat and organized
Full Story
Feel-Good Home 15 Simple Organizing Tools and Where They Work Best
You’ve created a zone that’s free of clutter. Now choose an organizer to help you keep it that way
Full Story
Kids’ Spaces 10 Smart Organizing Tools for Getting Kids’ Spaces in Shape
See ideas for corralling children’s toys, books, clothes and art
Full Story