Little things you appreciate....

pudgeder

To counter the "Little things that irritate" thread, how about an appreciation thread?

Freshly made coffee in the pot ready for me when I get up.

The smile on my grandons face when he sees me on face time.

SaveComment37Like5
Comments (37)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lucille

Having doors opened for me, and I do thank anyone who does so.

The people here at my apt. complex that sometimes give me a hand getting my trash to the dumpster.

People here on the KT that help the group by starting nice threads.

People being on time.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
Sisters in faith

flowers, a good night's sleep, a hug, good conversation, time with friends and family, pets, the innocence of children, finding a bargain, popping bubble wrap.

1 Like Save     Thanked by pudgeder
vgkg Z-7 Va

Laying in my hammock when it's a picture perfect day - partly sunny, mid 70's, with a light breeze.

Harvesting a basket of veggies from the garden and picking ripened fruit from a loaded down tree.

Putting the finale touches on planting a new row of......anything.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
bpath

My sweet husband got up at 4:30 as usual, tucked the comforter around me, made coffee, and shoveled the driveway and front walk, while I slept. Those 3 little things always start the day off right.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
eld6161

Having a cup of tea

4 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
Raye Smith

Thank you notes / notes from friends

A spotlessly clean house

Winter ending and summer starting

The bluebirds that visit my yard

A buggy with wheels that all go in the same direction

Taking vacations, have this years all planned out and can't wait!

Spending time with friends

1 Like Save     Thanked by pudgeder
caflowerluver

Seeing my little dog's face first thing in the morning and snuggling with her on the sofa while I drink my coffee.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

A 29 degree beer on a 99 degree day.

14 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
jkayd_il5

A warm safe comfortable bed at night.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
nicole___

Watching a comedy with my husband

Completing a section of a remodel with my husband. Him saying it feels like a completely different room! smile

Having a kitten, in the sun, laying next to me on the chair seat, my husband says: "That's a happy cat!" with awe in his voice!

Long walks with my husband

7 Likes Save     Thanked by pudgeder
HU-681687602

Stacey_mb

I sometimes don't appreciate the small things, so am starting with today's gratitudes:

Enjoying all the conversations on KT

Having an unusually warm, sunny day today

Lunch today is delicious.

Dinner is homemade soup, only needs defrosting and DH going to bakery for dinner rolls

I am fortunate to never have to worry about not enough food in the house

I have a wonderful audiobook for my daily walk, makes walking an extra pleasure

New washer and dryer for laundry day today.

1 Like Save    
matthias_lang

Salt, spices, herbs.

Save    
cooper8828

Seeing all my seedlings developing their true leaves. I've never started seeds indoors and this is exciting!

5 Likes Save    
whistle_b

Cold and rainy day, but I am inside warm and cozy. For that I am very thankful.

4 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

Chocolate! Theobroma cacao, food of the gods (is what the scientific name, 'theobroma', translates into).

2 Likes Save    
Lars

Having hummingbirds visit my feeders.

Save    
Fun2BHere

Looking out at the view from my windows every day.

Save    
adellabedella_usa

Sunshine and flowers

1 Like Save    
SEA SEA

Seeing chickadees flit and flutter in our backyard.

A nice sunny day in Feb, such as today.

Having found zero "husband" valentine cards at the store this year, I'm happy to report I can still operate a crayon on paper. :)

Having coffee made for me by dh in the morning as making coffee before having had my coffee can be challenging ;)

Seeing a "memories" post pop up on my FB showing that 10 years ago today we were sitting on a beach in Cabo while back home was a 100 year blizzard. Flip side to that one is when we got home from that vaca. Shoveled snow for two weeks lol. (I can lol now, ten years later)

Having our 13 year old formerly feral cat still around and being a sweet 'next too' cat. Once in a while. Alright, hardly ever, but it has happened, and that's nice.

Grateful I made it to middle age. Grateful to have middle age issues as not everyone gets that honor.

Having two kids who grew up to be good people.

The new next door neighbor who is so quiet, offsprings think he's a spy. If he is, I hope he's on the good side of spy-work. Otherwise, I'm grateful he's like a never seen ghost. Only an occasional light turns on. Big improvement from the dozens of past next door neighbors.

1 Like Save    
lily316

Freshly made coffee by husband, warm house on a snowy day, beautiful cardinals at my feeder, seeing today's video of our precious panda bear cub at National zoo, emails from friends, and eventually a snowy walk this afternoon with one of the dogs. Edited to say: loving my kitties and dogs.

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

My running buddies. I had a crappy run this morning but my running buddies make the getting out there always worth it.

My walking/coffee friends.

I appreciate those sets of friendships so much more as a result of our experiences through the past year.

The existence of coffee.

My sons and their partners.

My nice warm cozy bed at the end of the day and it is then that I always give a thought to those who are sleeping in doorways and on cardboard.

My DH who lets me be me (poor guy).

2 Likes Save    
dees_1

Waking up, coffee, my cats, more coffee, my DH, more coffee. All the indoor conveniences that make life so tolerable.

Mostly the unexpected kindness of strangers. A smile, a few words or warm greeting as you pass someone; holding a door for the next person (Or having it held for you).

People don't ALWAYS annoy me.....just mostly.

Save    
whatsayyou18

Not little but good health.

1 Like Save    
Embothrium

The native to the site randomly and variably shaped and sized rocks I am making a path with falling into place is such a way as to make an acceptable walking surface. With a minimum of tweaking.

Save    
Elizabeth

I too like it when my DH makes the coffee but I fill the machine the night before so he only hits the on button. But still......

Small presents between us and our children that are for no other reason than I was thinking of you. Sent by complete surprise each time. It is often just the thing you wanted and may have mentioned. Gets to me every time.

Save    
Embothrium

In fact I appreciate it so much I might now go out and gather more rocks, work on the path some more.

4 Likes Save    
Ninapearl

having my 4 year old rummage through my pockets and finding the matchbox car i brought him. the big smile and "thank you, granna!!" always makes me melt!

my dog letting me sleep 5 more minutes. :)

4 Likes Save    
olychick

The kindness of other people; friends and strangers. Real and cyber :-)

3 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

I finished refinancing my house today! I'm on cloud nine to be on the way to less $$$ going out. Well, to the mortgage company. 🥰

2 Likes Save    
bragu_DSM 5

most all of the people on these threads

Save    
wildchild2x2

A walk on the beach or even just being near a beach

The way my dog is always so happy to see me, even if I just came from another room

Horseback riding on the forest trails, bonus if I'm with a person who is OK with silence

The trust of a horse gained with patience and perseverance

People in my life who really get me and like me just as I am

1 Like Save    
Kathsgrdn

My old dog feeling better. Snow melting this afternoon in the bright sunshine. Gardener's Supply sending yet another peice to try and put my grow light shelf together. The holes didn't line up right on the first one, replacement they sent the holes were too small and cut deformed. Not sure how that happened with a drill bit but it did.

2 Likes Save    
amylou321

Compliments on my holiday decorations or my garden.

My doggies undying,unconditional love.

SO rubbing my back and feet every single day. I swear I would be a cripple by now if not for him.

Finding something I need in PINK!

1 Like Save    
Embothrium

Do the horses also remain silent?

Save    
orchidrain_still

Grandchildren cuddling.

Conversations with my sisters.

Girl day with my daughter.

Comfortable shoes.

Save    
lgmd_gaz

'just because' phone calls from friends and family. Most all have very busy lives, so when they call, I know that they care enough to take some time for just me!

Save    
Annegriet

My dog's tail wagging when I walk through the door. My BFF calling me on Sunday mornings so we can have a coffee chat during the pandemic. Coffee. Clean fresh snow and the beauty. Flannel shirts.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing Organizing Secrets: It’s the Little Things
Get these 8 small areas under control for a major boost in overall tidiness at home
Full Story
Small Kitchens 10 Things You Didn’t Think Would Fit in Your Little Kitchen
Don’t let a small cooking area cramp your style. Instead, consider these ideas to make the most of your kitchen
Full Story
Organizing 10 Little Things You Can Do to Feel More Organized
Try one or more of these projects to tidy up and give yourself a win at home
Full Story
Perfect Landscapes is the leader in custom residential and commercial landscape maintenance, design and... Read More