SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Su 2/21/21

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago

Free for All Sunday!

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (73)

• Tina Marie
    3 years ago

There is a story about the zebra I posted. He lives near me. As you know, I'm a ways from the city and lots of acerage, farms, etc. around here. There is a man who has a "farm" so to speak; it is really a menagerie of animals. The zebra is one. The zebra became a bit famous and was featured on the local news in the last year or so. Apparently people were coming to see the zebra and many ventured onto private property to do so. The zebra bit a woman who was taking a selfie with him. She then tried to sue the owner. He also had a water buffalo that disappeared. Meaning someone probably took him.

• Oakley
    3 years ago

Tina, is that your fence? I bet it's beautiful. Some people are just nuts. I was going to say stupid but nuts is kinder. ;)

• Related Discussions

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Su 4/4/21

Q

Comments (34)
    It's always a problem to make people cut into it. If I make it for a meal at my own home, I don't put out any other butter, so they have no choice. When I take it to parties elsewhere, I always have to be the one to slaughter it. But sometimes the hosts want to "keep" it (not sure for what or for how long), so it doesn't get used at Easter meal.
    ...See More

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Su 5/2/21

Q

Comments (17)
    Finally! Installing new windows in the house next door. There is at least 30 of them. The house has been empty for 10 years. The renovation has been going on for 3 years. After a new roof 2 1/2 years ago, the windows would have been a priority to me. The house was built in 1918, and everything was original. Several of those windows had fallen out over the last 10 years and nothing was done to close up the hole. But interior work has been done in spurts first. There has been no rhyme nor reason to anything over there.
    ...See More

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Su 10/24/21

Q

Comments (21)
    The local high school marching band and precision dance troupe paid tribute last week to the hospital workers with performances in each of the 2 parking lots at the front and back of the hospital. My daughter, a nurse at the hospital was off that day, so she took me to help her watch it. It was extra special!
    ...See More

I'll show you mine/you show me yours- Su 10/31/21

Q

Comments (21)
    No orange pumpkins or black cats, just the black granddogs posing after their grooming on Friday Beanie Derby who is also celebrating her 1st birthday tomorrow
    ...See More
  • Allison0704
    3 years ago

Oakley, it's The Meeting House on Lake Carillon (FL).

• cawaps
    3 years ago

Lady Bird Johnson Grove in Redwood National Park

• lascatx
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Bestyears, I love your quilt. I recently decided to try quilting -- guess it will be my retirement thing (I had wanted to try more cake and cookie decorating, but with no one here to help eat them and DH just having been told he is newly diabetic, that one's a non-starter). I bought a simple kit to start with and have bought more fabric and batting, but I started making masks and more masks and still more masks -- and then was asked to make some bags. I'm having fun with those and am not sure if I will do more bags or more quilts -- maybe both.

This is my photo to share. A sign of hope among the frozen plants we uncovered yesterday. This tender pink bloom is my treasured white peach tree that started blooming early because it had been so warm. We strung it with lights, put a tall wardrobe moving box around it and double bagged the top with frost cover. Something pretty amongst the frozen tundra look. Hoping my citrus survived (lemon and lime in pots got moved inside the garage, but the blood orange, satsuma and grapefruit are in the ground). The lights on them didn't come back after we lost power and they are looking sad and if the tops freeze and they come back from the root, the rootstock is an inedible sour orange with wicked long thorns. Wait and see on those.

ETA: Not much to compare to the photos above, but in comparison to the news and recent memories here, it's a heartwarmer.

• amykath
    3 years ago

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

Love San Antonio!

• amykath
    3 years ago

Yes, I love downtown! Good eye Mtn.

• Marlene Oliver
    3 years ago

Tea on my last vacation with BFF. Pic taken by her.

• nutsaboutplants
    3 years ago

• DLM2000-GW
    3 years ago

Taken by my son when he worked at North Cascades Nat'l Park

Star trail time lapse taken while winter camping at Cow Heaven. A favorite I have on regular desktop rotation.

• czarinalex
    3 years ago

Sunset over Catalina Island

• jakabedy
    3 years ago

Valles Caldera, New Mexico. (Oct. 2020)

• jojoco
    3 years ago

Longwoodgardens, this morning. This is the Acacia passage in full, unfiltered glorious bloom

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

Ok, I have work to do, but I thought that Carillon meeting house was so pretty I went to look for more pics. Then I wasted a good 20 minutes looking at gorgeous wedding photos.

I love this interior shot:

• Bunny
    3 years ago

• DLM2000-GW
    3 years ago

Oh the Ginkos! Love the leaf drop, Bunny.

• Jilly
    3 years ago

We just took a walk around our local lake ... some areas of water off the main body are still frozen. It’s nearly 70 degrees. Strange sight to see while people were in shorts.

We kayak here sometimes:

• cran
    3 years ago

Happy Memories

• cran
    3 years ago

houzz won’t let me submit my photo...of a sailboat!!

• nicole___
    3 years ago

The Wave.

• cran
    3 years ago

Yeah!

• Tina Marie
    3 years ago

No Oakley, that is not my fence it is the fence surrounding the zebra. Actually several acres for the animals and there is a small pond also. Also, I did not trespass.

• nini804
    3 years ago

My favorite season, hydrangea season. 3 more months!!

• nini804
    3 years ago

Oh, click on that^ You must see the whole thing 😊

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

Late to the party here. This is a wholecloth quilt I started in January as a Block of the Month.

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

@mtnrdredux_gw you're welcome. LOL We were in the area last week. We had never been to the Carillon neighborhood before.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

NHbaskets, that is beyond gorgeous; can you explain what i am looking at exactly?

• Tina Marie
    3 years ago

@nini804 your hydrangea are beautiful! We have white and pink, but I am going to get a blue one this year, even if I only put it in a planter!!

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

You‘re so sweet, @mtnrdredux_gw. This is the center of a quilt I’m working on. My first! The pattern was intended to be done as a typical cotton pieced quilt. I decided to go rogue and do this using wool felt on linen. I started doing wool appliqué last fall and love it. The designer of the quilt, Wendi Williams from Australia, does use wool felt often in her designs, so it made sense to give this a try. This is her quilt done in cotton.

And this is my take, thus far. The center little houses have to be finished, the attached to the linen background. instead of a road for the inner circle, I decided to plant a garden.

I’m personalizing several of the houses to include the houses DH and I grew up in as well as our son’s home and my siblings homes. These are a few.

It’s a yearlong project, and I’m only in the second month. I’ll try and post updates as I progress. Thanks for asking!

• dees_1
    3 years ago

Sunset from January 4.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

That is fantastic. Just, wow. Oddly enough it reminds me of a totally different artwork, a light fixture that is the NYC skyline upside down, in the newly restored NYC PO-now-rail-station.

https://untappedcities.com/2021/01/05/public-art-moynihan-train-hall/

• badgergal
    3 years ago

My granddaughters catching a rainbow this past August

• DLM2000-GW
    3 years ago

nhbaskets that is gorgeous!! A work of art and so personal - please do keep us updated.

mtn that is so interesting - a fiction book I read has an upside down desert landscape and buildings placed in an apartment house foyer.

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

Wow, nhbaskets, all the details! I love how you are personalizing the quilt for your family.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Oh my...I had no idea I posted this on the wrong thread...so glad I did! Wonderful pics everyone!!

• nutsaboutplants
    3 years ago

Nhbaskets, wow, just wow! The details, the scale, the none-other-like-thisness... can’t believe this is your first.

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    3 years ago

Nhbaskets - stunning. Truly.

• User
    3 years ago

That is the most interesting and beautiful quilt I have ever seen, nhbaskets! It is truly wonderful.

Badger, love the pics of your granddaughters, they are so exuberant.

My favorite pictures right now are of our sole grandchild. He is such fun!

• Oakley
    3 years ago

K, he is adorable! Do you feel the different type of love for him? I ask that of all new grandmothers.

• User
    3 years ago

I cant say that it is very different from the love I feel for my daughter and sons. But, there is a special happiness from knowing our family is expanding to another generation. Our three kids are now 37, 34 (DD) and 29. We privately wondered if we would ever be blessed with grandchildren. The two boys (I should probably call them men at this point) are still light years from marriage. We are hoping DD and SIL will have another. He is from a family of four kids and his sister is having a fourth child, so SIl’s family culture is for larger families. . Fingers crossed!

• rich69b
    3 years ago

Fort Bragg/ Glass Beach

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I post this thread daily on the kitchen table and invite you all to share your wonderful pictures there. I also post a smile thread daily...sure to bring a smile...or a groan.

• cran
    3 years ago

Nhbaskets your quilt is stunning I hope you keep us posted on your progress. At one of our local museums here in MA they feature Sally Major a fabric artist even though she isn’t a quilter her reminds me of your quilt. I think My3dogs would like her work as well

• party_music50
    3 years ago

Nhbaskets, your quilt is spectacular!!!

badgergal, awesome photos!

Kswl, love the look on his face in the 2nd photo. I’d have to frame that!

I love photo threads. :)

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    3 years ago

This cutie lives under our bird feeder. DH took the picture from the kitchen window.

• sas95
    3 years ago

The NY Botanical Garden Train Show over the holidays. They do a whole mini-NYC out of leaves, bark and other natural materials, with miniature trains passing by. We always take the grandkids, but we love it, too.

• denali2007
    3 years ago

• Bestyears
    3 years ago

nhbaskets, I love that Wendy Williams quilt! And I love the idea of doing it in felted wool I've never tried wool applique, but it intrigues me!

• Tina Marie
    3 years ago

He is absolutely precious @User!!