SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_222823068

Relatively high-end kitchen remodel: stuck on oven selection

Kevin Hanson
3 years ago

Hey there,

I'm hoping to get some opinions regarding ovens for our imminent kitchen remodel. We're going with Crystal cabinets, the sub-zero designer fridge / freezer for full integrated, flush installation, a miele rangetop, a sharp drawer microwave, a bosch panel-ready dishwasher, a zephyr range hood, and a zephyr beverage center. We're totally stuck on the oven...

To be honest, as I look through what's available, I find myself drawn to the LG ovens. They're like 1/3 the cost of Wolf / Thermador / insert-favorite-high-end-brand-here, top rated on consumer reports, support flush installation, and seem really nice! But... we have never done a kitchen remodel like this. Is it worth the thousands extra to get Wolf / Thermador / Viking so when we sell the house someday, people see the name? Or... does oven not really matter? I keep reading about reliability issues with some of the highest end names. If I'm going to shell out the big bucks for it, then... I'd at least like to know I'm getting more than just a brand.

But hey... I know SO little about this topic, and unlike consumer electronics, it's really hard to read a lot of reviews about these things! Would love your feedback. Thanks!

Comments (22)