SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcollins0831

Struggling with what do to with kitchen

mcollins0831
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have lived with my kitchen for 10 years. I never really liked the way it looked but it’s a ushape kitchen and the layout works, and the layout doesn’t need to be changed. Now the cabinets... ugh the cabinets. The previous owners obviously did the Reno themselves, which is fine, but there are little things that are just wrong with it that other people that come visit would never notice. like the cabinet left of the window should have been bigger/wider since there’s a 2 inch gap of wall space between cab and window where as the cabinets to the right of the window are right up against the window. The cabinets are not as quality as I would like but they do the job. The stain is wearing down and the edges of the cabinets boxes are dinged And needed to be fixed/filled. those Are my issues with the cabinets. my choices are to leave them, pay to have them painted (nuance quoted me 5800 which turns out to be 207/linear sq foot) refinish them (Home Depot looking to charge 13,500 This is 482/ linear sq ft) I have to admit, for each of those services I feel are priced high for what they are offering. maybe my perspective is skewed. does this seem high to anyone or do these prices sound about right? I’m in New Jersey.

Comments (2)