SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edwmom

Overwhelmed - Wallpaper Choice Help PLEASE

edwmom
3 years ago

HI there,

Our laundry room is a long neglected space and I'm thinking I might take it on during these awful, long winter months to make it (and me...lol) less depressing. I'd like to wallpaper in there to freshen and brighten the space, but I'm getting overwhelmed/stuck when looking at all the wallpaper options. It's so easy to get distracted by all the gorgeous choices to narrow down to what would work well in this particular space.

Any good wallpaper pickers out there, who can lend their eyes/expertise?

I'd like something with a (small?) pattern, white background (to brighten the space) -- Our house is updated traditional in style, but I don't want to pick anything that will quickly look dated or out of style. What wallpaper would you choose for the space?

More details to consider:

1) It's a pretty large space for a laundry room, one side laundry, the other side is storage that I use for pantry items/CostCo overflow, etc. So essentially 3 walls will get wallpaper (the other side has cabinets).

2) There are no windows and has a drop ceiling with fluorescent lights (ugh). I don't think I can get rid of the drop ceiling unfortunately (we've had to use it to access gas lines and some other things in the past).

3) Husband has mad tiling skills so we're going to take up the linoleum and tile the floor - slate to match what we put down in our mudroom.

4) I have purchased new shelving to put elsewhere to better store toilet paper/paper towels so they will not be stacked up in the corner this way,

Here's the space (I didn't pick the green, it was like this when we moved in):

The slate floor will look like this:

I'm so overwhelmed with all the choices....what would you pick to put in this space? Please help!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Comments (14)