SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ngracias

Adding a bathroom to a bedroom/closet

ngracias
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am planning to add bathroom by taking up space from the closet or bedroom. I have come up with 3 plans and I am not sure which one would be the best and looking for some guidance here in terms of reducing costs to build the bathroom/overall value of the house.

Plan 1- Use the space from the closet and take away space from the bedroom 3. This makes the bedroom 3 in an odd shape, but if I can work out a design for this to make the bedroom look not bad then I'd go with this. There is a closet in the hallway which I can close and open it from other room so the bedroom has a closet

Plan 2. - Take away space from the bedroom 3, leaving the closet and the existing bathroom untouched. This makes the bedroom smaller and I am not sure if the plumbing will be too far from the existing bathroom. There is garage underneath the bedroom where I am planning to add the bathroom.

Plan 3 - Make the existing bathroom smaller, and take away space from existing bathroom and the closet to make a new bathroom. In this case also I will use the closet in the hallway which I can close and open it from other room so the bedroom has a closet. This one will require pretty much tearing apart existing bathoom and add a new bathroom. The cost would almost be making 2 bathrooms.

I have attached pictures of existing plan, and the 3 plans I came up with. The first picture is the existing plan, and the next are Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3 in order. I am open to ideas and I'd really appreciate someone help me with an option. I just want another bathroom taking into consideration budget to build the bathroom and value of the house.

Thanks!!

Comments (41)