SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_butlerhamilton

Help! Vinyl Board and Batten and other thoughts..

Sarah Butler Hamilton
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Too many decisions and looking for some outside input. Our house is an 85 year old stucco center hall colonial. We are doing a complete exterior remodel. Our current plan is to make the main front portion vinyl board and Batten, I was initially thinking 8” but now leaning towards 12”. Certainteed Cypress is the color we have agreed on, but I’m not married to that decision. We are extending the front stoop and covering it in bluestone, also adding a front portico with a gray metal roof. The chimney will be covered in stone. The area to the right of the main house will remain stucco painted to match the siding and the garage to the far right will be clapboard siding. All of the gables we are planning to do in board and batten as well. Would it look off to do the gables in 8” and the front of the house in 12”? also the area to the left is a breakfast room and we are also planning 5” clapboard for that. I feel Very overwhelmed and would love some help!

Certainteed Cypress, Provia Natural Cut in Fernwood, Estate Gray Roof, Charcoal Gray Aluminum Roof, Blue Stone Front Step

Comments (21)