SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmarie1974

Should new wall extend to ceiling for shower?

Tina M
3 years ago

My toilet is too close to the shower for comfort. I'm planning to turn it 90°. After doing so, there will be enough space to make the shower bigger. Right now I have a corner shower with a door that cuts across at a 45° angle and that eats up a lot of space within the shower. So, I want to add a wall (blue line) for this dual sliding door assembly (see pic). I want sliding doors so I can reach in and turn on the water without having to get in first and I can't have a door that swing left because of the tub. Anyhooo, I want to know if the new wall has to go to the ceiling or if it can stop at the shower door height. I don't want to have to relocate the fan vent on the ceiling so a shorter wall is preferred. And if I go with the shorter wall, how high should the tile go on the other 2 shower walls? I also included the wall and floor tiles I like. I want to add a shower seat and niches in the new wall, what tile should I use in the niches and for the seat? Would removable glass shelves in the niches be ok? Does anyone like the seats that attach to the wall and can fold up out of the way? I wonder how sturdy they are.

Comments (3)