SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lobo_93

Large main bedroom, rugs and bedding help

lobo_93
3 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Your advice please for this very large main bedroom: I need help choosing rugs and bedding considering that I am selling in 6 months. Wall features: -West "window wall" -North“rust wall” -East “tall wall” -South “sitting nook”.

Q1/ rug under bed/ bedding? (crude/ rust colors to p/u wall colors); Q2/ rug for a sitting area? and replace loveseat with 2 chairs and table?; Q3/ Change the art placement? (3) ladies and (4) Paris prints.

<Edited floor plan with art -below->.

My "houzz" · More Info

My "houzz" · More Info

Comments (68)

• User
    3 years ago

Fwiw, in terms of house selling, when it comes to a bedroo, I imagine what most buyers are look for past is it big enough for my furniture (which yours no doubt is) is “peaceful“ rather than neutral. You know, will I sleep well here? s

so in doing the side room I would focus most on keeping it nap worth, or a reading corner, but not an activity space other than maybe very quiet conversation.

so nix my bike and motorcycle art.!

lobo_93 thanked User
  • aprilneverends
    3 years ago

it's only now I finally see the uploaded photos..helps tremendously, thank you. One can see art, bed(which is different from what I imagined), bedding, etc

Of course you've been advised to do neutrals beffore resale..that depends on a market though. Here where I live sellers stopped bothering even taking magnets off the fridges. Which says a lot, in this country. Where do you live, or rather, what's your market like?

The art placement is fine, except I think pieces on the north wall should go closer to each other. If they stay on that wall.

I wouldn't buy a rug for staging purposes, buyers like to see floors anyway. And for myself, I'd want to know my next space, What if the rug will be too big, too small, or the future house itself will inspire you in a certain direction? Do you know your future place?

For delineating purposes, one rug in the sitting area would be enough. I like almost every rug in this thread, they'll work. Including the one you're posted. Some are better for the look you're now drawn to, more.

The bed looks really tidy and nice now. Maybe one pillow with texture/shades reminiscent of the walls across. Or a throw. But you can also add something blue on the shelves you are currently decluttering/styling.

In short, I'm being a bit torn, due to the selling/moving part. A new bed might look amazing with some bedding you don't consider now, for example, because you look at your current bed in your current context.

I'll look into specific suggestions, but personally-I wouldn't try to do two things at once, to choose fabrics I love myself while appealing to buyers..I don't know future buyers, and I like to fall in love with what I decide to spend on.

I'll look into bedding etc, who knows, maybe it's possible to stumbleupon choices that will be all that. Works now, works wherever, you love it, looks great on the pictures...

lobo_93 thanked aprilneverends
  • Related Discussions

Need help with a large arched window in master bedroom

Q

Comments (5)
    That last pic is lovely but you do notice there are no wood blinds which IMO are not a good choice in a bedroomthey seem to never really go with the bedding, which BTW we nned to see.
    ...See More

Master Bedroom Refresh- Please help with bedding advice!

Q

Comments (15)
    Back with an update! We were able to move our nightstands back into the room. I was also able to start putting together blue &amp; white bedding to see how it would look, as I already had some components on hand and I was able to scoop up a quilt the other day that I really liked the texture and colors of. You can also see the night stands and how they look with the bed. We had to top them with grey in order to cover up some damage to the tops as we were repainting them. The other option was to sand and re-stain them, and we were trying to avoid that. So far, I'm liking how the blue &amp; white is coming together. In order to complete the look, I am thinking that a blue comforter and blue shams with some sort of textural look would be a great final touch, along with a few new throw pillows to pull it together on the bed. The coverlet in the last picture is a very light one that I had in storage that I just put there temporarily to visualize a blue comforter until I can settle on one. I was also thinking of switching out the sheets to a pale aqua or grey to add interest to the bed. Future plans also include changing out the lamps or repainting the bases antique gold or something to bring some warmth and such to the room.. but I'd like to get the bed figured out first! :) PS we got the bed this past weekend, and I LOVE it! It was a great buy! Currently, I am going between several shades of blue, etc. for the comforter and shams. I am going between this navy chenille set Or one of these pin tucked style comforters in either the bright blue or the navy or even a light blue or, lastly, this &quot;blue&quot; (that's what the description says, I'm not sure if it is blue, but we will see!!!) chenille comforter I really love the look of the navy chenille in the picture, but I'm worried about it looking dark in the room but then at the same time, all of the furniture will be white, etc... soooo?? Next step will be window treatments... which I need to figure out as well... but I'd like to get the bed figured out first! Any thoughts? I've kind of pulled this color palette together.. so I'm going to try to pull it all together with this. This particular artist even sells throw pillows of this painting... so that's a thought. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!
    ...See More

Please Help with Large Master Bedroom decorating.

Q

Comments (15)
    I’d find a fabric that you love with your wall color....and start there. Or, find a large area rug with that color in it as your inspiration. A Persian style, perhaps, that includes other colors that can be picked out for fabrics to dress your windows, your bed, and seating in front of your beautiful fireplace. I feel an elegant style emerging..... I know that Houzz designers will come up with idea boards that will inspire you! A lovely room!
    ...See More

Need help with large blank wall in main bedroom

Q

Comments (4)
    If you don't want or need anymore furniture, then a gallery wall is the solution. As for the green, why don't you paint the one wall where you're pretty sure you want it and then think about whether you will want that color on every wall. It wouldn't be for everyone, but if you like it, that's all that matters.
    ...See More
  • lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Ref. bed: @bluemarble The accent/ rust (N wall) is opposite the bathroom (S wall), while the tall walls/ceilings (E wall) is opposite the windows (W wall) with a better view. I agree though the accent wall is misleading, ha, ha, Might use it as a backdrop for the bookshelf and Paris prints? Now is a good time to try moving it, since I have been packing the books ... Thank you for the fresh point of view!

Ref. bedroom: Yes, aiming for "peaceful and updated" while working with yellow walls and ceilings and a rust accent wall. Trying to use the "rust" as a tying color.

Ref. rug: @Jilly thanks again, @User "how much it would be visible?" Just delimiting bed area (8x10').

Ref. sitting area: @aprilneverends aka "mi casa es su casa" ;) I thought the longest wall (W wall with windows) was perfect for sitting, books, desk/chair, and more books. I have chairs and books in every room and closet! I am (trying) decluttering, packing, and leaving just with what makes me happy (not really, but I am downsizing). So let me "rescue" some chairs, from another room, be back later.

My "houzz" · More Info

My "houzz" · More Info

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

..two middle rugs are the best imo))

will wait for the pics of chairs

agree with trying to move the shelves to the north wall, if not too much of a trouble, especially as i understand there was a TV there that now is gone?

(I'm with you on books everywhere))

Bedding: do you prefer comforters w/duvets, or comforters, or quilts, or coverlets, or..? Asking because there's huge choice there, and so much cool stuff (yes I looked..)), but one needs to know what one is looking for.

(I'm almost always cold, so I prefer comforter plus duvets/comforters, and throws on the top as well. And i like to switch sets. So I don't pariicularly build bedrooms around bedding. While others prefer not having as many layers, or are hot sleepers, or have other needs and preferences regarding bedding ..etcetera)

a bit confused about rust color. I mean right now-it'll tie in perfectly, of course, and I happen to love rust. But you mentioned also moving from the earthy look into more "water like" look later, Maybe something that combines both? Just a bit of rust?

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

Also, rugs. To consider function For something as big and, well, semi-permanent.

I for example saw a very nice one which I almost linked to-but was cotton. Easier to stain, and I understand is thinner. Easier to trip?

Polypropylene-has its own pros and cons...https://www.rugknots.com/blogs/rug-anatomy-101/polypropylene-rugs-pros-and-cons-user-guide. found that nice link. Haven't checked yet the website itself.

I prefer real wool ones-that's why I still don't have rugs at all except for a 3x5 in a small bathroom that was affordable. Maybe makes me a wrong person to ask at all)) I'm very picky. Throw pillow is small and can be stuck anywhere. A rug, on the other hand..

But in terms of colors only..yes, two middle ones.

• User
    3 years ago

when you evaluate rug candidates think aboiut how much of the design you are paying for is going to end up under the bed.

in favor of simply displaying your well made Bed with its neat blue blanket is that some buyers will be reassured to know that the bedroom can look lovely without piles of fancy expensive accessories.

Agree that rust is the wrong end of water if you are aiming for a result that feels “fresh” so I would carry over some blue with the rust into the side room, and maybe some very fresh cloud-white too.

Abacasa Summit Elim Natural/Rust/Blue Area Rug · More Info

Contemporary Storage Ottoman, Faux Leather Upholstery, Distressed Saddle Brown · More Info

Ceramic Teapot With Long Handle/Tea Pot With 2 Cup · More Info

Tweed Knitted Throw Blanket, Rust, 60"x80" · More Info

Designart Pastel Pink And Blue Clouds Traditional Canvas Art, Gold, 40x30 · More Info

"Blue Cloud" Framed Painting Print · More Info

lobo_93 thanked User
  • User
    3 years ago

Still not convinced you can’t use the sofa

Saltoro Sherpi Kilim Pattern Polyester Sofa Protector With Elactic Strap · More Info

lobo_93 thanked User
  • aprilneverends
    3 years ago

Oh wow, that protector is cool. I had no idea they exist in such lovely patterns.

• User
    3 years ago

This sofa protector might be too bright but it has watery touches

Polyester Sofa Protector with Tribal Print, Multicolor · More Info

or other cheap fixes

Belle Outdoor Wicker Chat Set With Cushions, Brown · More Info

Plus 2 of these

Rokel Pillow Cover 13x19x0.25 · More Info

One of these

DII Aqua Diamond Stitch Throw · More Info

and for the table

Vintage Style Classic Round 8" Ball Pitcher Tilted Glass Hand Crafted · More Info

2-Piece Japanese Style Ceramics Tea Cups, A35 · More Info

;)

lobo_93 thanked User
  • bluemarble
    3 years ago

Rugs Direct has your rug available using the "see in your room" feature. Quality of rendering isn't great, but we get the idea haha. I like the rug ital mover posted.

https://www.rugs-direct.com/Details/Safavieh-Amsterdam-AMS108/128240/206651

What if you just went with a simple white linen duvet cover (with comforter if you want) that has buttons or ties for embellishment, and paired it with some fun pillows and a throw blanket to add the texture. Something that can be used now and later if you move near water.

Moroccan cactus silk (or sabra) pillows come in a lot of muted colors that give both an earthy and coastal vibe. I found these on etsy.

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/rives-striped-throw-blanket?color=074&size=One%20Size&inventoryCountry=US&countryCode=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7PXeppzW7gIVDKGzCh2adwCgEAQYFSABEgIkH_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&type=STANDARD&quantity=1

Finger knitting and arm knitting seem to be popular, and one of these blankets would be cozy and versatile. Might make a fun little project for you. ; )

lobo_93 thanked bluemarble
  • lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@aprilneverends, @bluemarble, @ital mover, @Jinx Thank you all for the great ideas, visuals, and your time !! I will check on all of those in a bit. For now, here are the potential chairs for the sitting area (2 of each), and a visual of color preference (FR pillows: thanks @User ;)

My "houzz" · More Info

My "houzz" · More Info

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

I was heading down that blue-gray path also. Seems like a good bridge between this bedroom and your future plan.

I like all your chairs. The first one is probably the most comfortable, but obviously looks like an office chair. The wicker chair is great, but without arms seems more like a dining chair instead of a sitting room chair. The bamboo chair has arms and that nice curve like your headboard, and it seems to go very well with your shelving unit. Too well? Idk, I like it. The leather chair looks comfy, and the smoothness adds a different texture which is nice. I like the color, too.

So, there's my assessment LOL. You all decide! I'm terrible at making decisions when all the choices are great.

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you so much for helping me out, here are my comments:

@aprilneverendssaid >“I'm being a bit torn, due to the selling/moving part” (…) “a bit confused about rust color.” Yes, not only moving is stressful, but I haven’t found the house to move to yet (we have about 6 mo max). For all we know now we are moving out both physically, and in color, from earthy (desert sand tones) to something else ha, ha (?? blues but oranges too).

> “bed (which is different from what I imagined)” (…) “bedding choices”? Yes, I must replace the bed for my new place! As for the bedding it’s worn-out; it looks better in the photos than in real life. I like cotton/ linen, and not many layers: bedspread/ coverlet type work best for me.

@ital moversaid > “Maybe one pillow with texture/shades reminiscent of the walls across. Or a throw.” Yes, thanks; I think that could work. I thought my blanket was a pale green, until you pointed out that it is blue. I just checked, and the description is “coastal cotton blanket” “blue/ turquoise/ aqua”. So you were right with calling it blue; it still looks a bit green to me, and the loveseat is green, and the pendant lamp on the sitting area has green! LOL.

@bluemarble >N rust wall: I will take down the 3 ladies and move the bookshelf there. Also, I will try the Paris prints on that wall; they are not “Italian Rivera”, but b/c of their frames, they might work there better than on the tall yellow walls. Thanks for the rug mock-up 😊

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

ok so ...https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/schafer-bolster-pillow?category=room-decor-sale&color=055&type=REGULAR&size=ONE%20SIZE&quantity=1..a bit too cool-toned, maybe? But seems perfect on a photo in one of the reviews

or this? : https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/carey-pillow?category=throw-pillows&color=045&type=STANDARD&size=RECTANGLE&quantity=1

these are great. but will take up all the bed, I saw them irl: https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/all-roads-yucca-pillow?category=throw-pillows&color=018&type=STANDARD&size=14%E2%80%9D%20X%2040%E2%80%9D&quantity=1

can I live vicariously through you? https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/bunglo-byron-pillow?category=throw-pillows&color=010&type=STANDARD&size=One%20Size&quantity=1

https://www.finnstyle.com/klaus-haapaniemi-crane-grey-pillow.html#reviews

I hope links work. I also just realized: I forgot to take a rug into account..

now seeing the chairs..the first pair, clearly too office-y..the rest are great as chairs but all too lightweighted I think to be in space of that loveseat..they should be more..armchair kind. More lounge-y.

So i wonder if not indeed leave the loveseat and cover it if needed..or put strategically a throw over it, and add a pillow

I must say that you're doing great job with or/and without us

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

oh this site is so acting up today..I missed both comments so I'm going to read them now

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

april, love the Carey pillow from Anthropologie and the very expensive crane pillow haha.

I think the two bamboo chairs with a table and a plant would be really cute on a round rug in front of the window. Love those windows.

Agreed that you are doing very well, lobo.

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

(I meant without me. I wish I had your computer skills)

so..to continue to live vicariously through you...I noticed it when looking for pillows, and decided against it..now when I see it as coverlet and shams set..colors are great..reviews vary on quality..

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/vivie-patchwork-quilt?category=bedding-quilts-coverlets&color=095&type=STANDARD&quantity=1

they say this one is washable I think it's a bit blue and blush pink on one side, and completely white on another https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/marleigh-quilt?category=bedding-quilts-coverlets&color=095&type=STANDARD&quantity=1

https://www.onekingslane.com/p/4673564-paisley-coverlet-set-spa-blue.do?refType=&from=fn&catnav=121687 your color or very similar to it..

PS edited-I think the last one was too white, after all))

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for your encouraging comments. So here is what I am taking from the thread:

1- Art: Taking down and packing the ladies and bringing in some “blues”. R/B Options: the (4) Paris prints have winter blue skies, (2) watercolor street scenes with blues, or (2) Caribbean oil paints with seascapes. Note: All have some blue and rust colors (inserted below).

2- Bed and bedding: keep it simple, where it is (E -tall wall). Note: After moving the shelf, the bed will be facing a blank wall (in between the 2 windows).

3- Loveseat: we love and use the loveseat and its companion chair (downstairs in LR). The loveseat is especially worn-out. All of us use it as a “lounge chair” by the window (reading, browsing the phone forever, and naps). I am afraid the back and bottom will not stand a photo shoot ;) so I ordered a simple slipcover for it (ready-made and in stock), and we’ll try it on.

4- Office chairs are perfect for “working from home” new normal, but people might not want to be reminded. I will move the desk and chair then (I must tell you: I have 4 of those chairs and an even bigger one with high back, in red wine color, LOL).

5- Pillow and accent colors: p/u on the wall colors (yellow and rust) and bringing in the blue/ gray in lieu of green. Note to @aprilneverends: Loving the colorful crane!

6- Update on purchases: ordering he rug, and the loveseat slipcover, now that they are in stock.

My "houzz" · More Info

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

Pretty cool how the loveseat is clearly a go-to spot. I'd be there for a nap or to read, for sure.

Do you have any larger art pieces? I was going to suggest a grouping of the four Paris prints for the wall between the windows, but they might not take up enough space. It looks like they don't have matching frames, right? The oil paintings in gold frames would look nice on the accent wall stacked next to the shelving unit. Can we see close-ups of the lady art?

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Good Monday to all :) The rug and slipcover will be here by Tuesday or Wednesday! Yesterday, I moved the bookshelf to the N rust wall and hung the oils on the W window wall. I think I tried all combos, and those "felt right"; ready for your honest comments.

(1) N Rust wall: with bookshelf and watercolors to the right.

(2) W Window wall: Those 2 oil paints were the only large enough pieces to make some statement there, and that space between windows will protect them from direct sunlight; win-win do you think? Note: I tried hanging them side-by-side, but the window shutters on the right would hit one frame, so I stacked them.

(3) Side note on the loveseat: I love the feeling of it. It is also my "thinking spot". Last night after I moved everything, that is where I ended, contemplating the choices; when I got up, I took a picture as it was, for the memories. Cheers!

My "houzz" · More Info

My "houzz" · More Info

My "houzz" · More Info

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

Bravo! I had no idea the oils were so big. Perfect. And the bookshelf looks great on the accent wall with your great styling. Looking forward to seeing the ordered items. No doubt you have many memories of this lovely home. Cheers to you as well. ; )

• User
    3 years ago

Really nice changes!

lobo_93 thanked User
  • lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here are the rug and slipcover. 1. Rug: against N rust wall. 2. Slipcover: just out of the bag; pardon the wrinkles. 3. Art: the large oil paintings were in the FR; it’s like playing musical chairs! 4. Shelf: I followed the staging recommendations of removing all IDs (personal photos and labels), and half-empty. Good enough?

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

Gosh, the blue in the art just really works. Love it.

I could be wrong about the shelves, but "half empty" probably doesn't mean top half or bottom half. I would spread the "empty" around. Or is that to keep children of potential buyers from fiddling with your stuff?

Maybe you're trying to spread the color around, but I think the rug might be better placed under the foot of the bed or even on the side nearest the entry?

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@bluemarbleref shelf you said, “half-empty probably doesn't mean top half or bottom half.” …LOL; I will “spread the empty” for sure. I was just happy that I have managed to keep only 4 memory boxes (the ones that were presentable), then I took the picture and posted it 😉.

Ref. 8x10 rug, its large side goes all the way to the tall wall (not seen in the picture). I initially tried it under the bed: long side parallel to the tall wall and short side stuck in about ½ way under the bed. It looked a bit off with only a couple of ft showing off to the sides. I will try again with only 1/3 under the bed as per your example; thank you!

Ref. Sitting area: looks “empty and sad” or “clean and spacious”? I’ve bought some items, that have yet to find their place, and I might try in this space. This 6’ round rug from Article (I got it for the entry in "light gray" -too light, almost white, not suitable for a heavy traffic area, so I moved it to the breakfast area -again too light!). Or a couple of pillows? (2) blue & white or these (2) gray & rust -the rust is very faded ;( just got them from CB2).

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

I choose "Clean and spacious":)

I do like the slipcover!

I saw the pillows btw (the CB2 ones) when pillow hunting, later, but thought I took enough space. Great minds, and all that.

So, I like them, but it looks so cute currently without pillows too..hard to say. Until one tries.

What I would do-put a coffee table book or two on the table.

Do you have another plant?

If no-no big deal. Looks good.

The rest, bluemarble and you already wrote. Redistribute visual weght to lower shelves a bit, move a rug closer to the bed... Very nice room.

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

Haha, I should have commended your purging. I know that's a relief. I see what you mean about the rug. What's the purpose of having one that is almost completely covered by a bed, right?

Agree with april that one or two pillows and a couple of books with a small plant stacked on top would be great.

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

The Kravitz pillows might do the trick

• User
    3 years ago

Try the new rug in the sitting space. Bring in a tea set, and i think a floor lamp and some books.

Now that you have the slipcover think about turning the sofa to face the window.

lobo_93 thanked User
  • lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you all: I will try the different combo arrangements (rug, loveseat & pillows) and take pictures. Meanwhile, I am browsing again for a floor lamp/ reading lamp. Happy Valentine's Day :)

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hello all, here is the update on the sitting area. First, the loveseat in its original position against the South wall (different views), with the 2 sets of throw pillows:

Then, I tried placing the loveseat parallel to the window. I think the area is not deep enough to fit it either (a) against the window, (b) facing the window. I also tried the 2 rattan chairs facing the window:

• User
    3 years ago

Since this is staging for a sale the priority should be showing off what a bonus that space is for doing an activity like ________ . What is that activity? Watching TV? Conversation? Reading? Napping? Enjoying a lovely unique view?

lobo_93 thanked User
  • maifleur03
    3 years ago

If you decide on the two chairs place them so that they are turned into the room. While I do prefer the loveseat against the wall the two chairs facing the window is not inviting although the purpose is to look out. People are often not comfortable with furniture placed so that people can approach from behind. One of the subconscious traits retained from long ago. Subconscious things do play a part in selecting or rejecting a new home.

lobo_93 thanked maifleur03
  • bluemarble
    3 years ago

I was thinking the same thing as maifleur03. Really like the two chairs, but they should face into the room. Also like the loveseat in its original position with one pillow...your choice. ; )

• K Ber
    3 years ago

I put a bookcase a small modern one in mine and filled it with decorative items in the box and I really like it

lobo_93 thanked K Ber
  • K Ber
    3 years ago

I had a lot of fun redecorating my bedroom obviously as you can see I just chose colors and what was that an added one more color like teal is the main color in my room so I just want around that and put some gold accents in and tried to keep it from being too Godey but I kind of like it that way anyway LOL

lobo_93 thanked K Ber
  • lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@K Ber Thank you for posting your pics; it’s always nice to see someone else’s use of happy colors!

@ital mover @maifleur03 Definitely, a sitting area with a view (just dreaming inspo here). My 2 chairs and area did not make the cut, ha, ha. @maifleur03, I totally agree with your ref furniture backs and subconscious reject 😉

@bluemarble Here is a picture with the 2 chairs facing the entry vs loveseat original position (and 1 Kravitz/rust pillow; it picks up a bit on the rust accent wall). I think this last one is the winner.

My "houzz" · More Info

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

Perfect. The two chairs scenario would be a nice little vignette with a rug to tie it together. The loveseat-chair combo feels complete and gives off a "can't wait to curl up over there" feeling. I say complete unless you want to hang something on the wall above the loveseat. Or not.

• maifleur03
    3 years ago

A comment about hanging something above the loveseat. While I might place a picture there one of those mirrored wall hangings with a design as long as it would not reflect the bed area from the outside could allow the area to look lighter. One of the reasons that some older homes had mirrors was to reflect light into areas like stairwells and corridors when windows were much smaller or fewer.

lobo_93 thanked maifleur03
  • lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@maifleur03 and @bluemarble thanks for your advice on hanging art or mirror there, but I will pass on that. Actually, I have to start packing the “excess” paintings, pictures .

@maifleur03 @bluemarble @K Ber @User @aprilneverends These past 2 weeks were stressful but coming back to the forum and realizing this room is finished is a relief. To all of you, who helped me here, a big BIG thank you !

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

It's been nice to be a part of your journey, lobo. You are leaving behind a very nice home for the next family, and we wish you the best. If you want some company in your next home, come back here and leave us a link to your new "dilemma".

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

I really love the result. It has a beautiful view too. For a moment, I felt like I'm there-watching out the window.

I think you found a perfect frame to it-if something as overpowering and everchanging like view can be framed of course.

It must be stressful as hell, -I do hope you found your other house meanwhile, or are about to find it soon. I wish you big luck with all the selling, and move, and everything.

Please come and share with us any time you want.

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@aprilneverends and @bluemarble thank you for your good wishes and encouragement. I have tried (and abandoned) many self-help sites from decluttering tips and organizing everything to “the ultimate moving checklist”. The one thing that worked for me was posting here: checking someone else’s view of the space, and then posting the result kept me focused and accountable, so thank you again 😉.

As of now, I have these 3 “stage-ready”: (1) Living room, (2) Family room, (3) Main bedroom. Now that the weather is better, I must go back to work on (4) the front entry and landscape. I am aiming for Apr-15 to list my house ☹ Meanwhile I keep looking for “the” house where to move to.

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Dear Houzzer Friends,

I just got a notification for one of my wishlist items is "back in stock" (too late, lol), but I thought about dropping an update for you have helped so much in this process.

We finally listed the house for sale this Friday, and we got 8 visits during the weekend and we will have 3 more on Monday (tomorrow). Our agent is positive that we'll get some offers soon, and I am happy about that and sad because I am leaving a home I love. Anyway, Cheers!

• bluemarble
    3 years ago

Wonderful news about the showings! I know how you feel about leaving a home you love especially after purging and redecorating to some degree. You did a lot in a short amount of time, so it won't be long until you make your new home just as comfortable and beautiful. Thanks for checking in. Good luck with finding a buyer, the closing and the actual move.

• bluemarble
    2 years ago

Hi Lobo! Hope things are moving along well for you. Thanks for sharing the photo. I like seeing the room from this angle. Looking forward to seeing the new place!

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you @bluemarble ;) and "MyHouzzers": I just wanted to share that yesterday we closed on our new house. I am eager to see it in person in 3 more days! Since I am not taking the bed with me, any recommendations for a good foundation/ boxspring (and maybe add a couple of night tables) for now? As always, cheers, and I hope you all have a good weekend!

• bluemarble
    2 years ago

Hey lobo, congratulations! I can’t imagine buying a house site unseen, but understand that‘s how it is right now with the online bidding wars. Crazy times.

I’m not going to be much help on buying mattresses. The last couple of times we purchased beds, we went to an outlet store.

For night tables, are you looking for something along that coastal vibe, do you want contemporary or vintage…? Seems you might want your bed first, unless you just need something temporary?

• lobo_93
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@bluemarble thank you! “Crazy market” is the word that describes the situation, we lost on 4 offers to other bidders who were buying cash, over the asking price, waiving appraisal (or all of the above). When this house came along on a Sunday morning, we had our offer ready, our agent requesting the 1st appointment, and me looking at it via facetime, and finally got it 😉.

Below are the MBR pictures of the new house; there is a wall-mounted wood headboard along with some “farmhouse word art” throughout the house. I intend to live with it, while I figure out the new spaces. So, my immediate need is the foundation/ box spring, because I will take the mattress but not my current bed frame/ boxspring (that needs to be replaced). Also, I will need your comments on how to decorate this space with my existing pieces (from any of the rooms) and maybe adding new night tables.

<EDITED> HI All, @bluemarble @aprilneverends @maifleur03 @K Ber @User @rmsaustin in case you want to help me with my new post, here is the link:
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6140949/please-help-with-bed-frame-to-go-with-wall-mounted-headboard-4-pics