SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
april_martin27

Bona Stain on Red Oak

April Martin
3 years ago

Hi, we found red oak hardwood when we pulled up our carpets. It’s everywhere except the kitchen and dining room which had linoleum under laminent.

We have decided to install red oak in the kitchen/dining room and refinish everything to blend together. Our kitchen has grey granite counters and we also just had our kitchen cabinets redone in white.

I am looking to have a brown/grey floor that is somewhat modern but still timeless, and our house is not very large so looking for something light. The existing hardwood is in pretty good condition but has marks from the carpet being nailed into it, etc so that’s also a concern for going to light.

I’ve attached pictures of our new kitchen (and old floors), along with the dining room with the new raw floor. I’ve also attached a picture of the Bona stain samples they’ve shown us. I don’t really love any of them. The middle lighter one is Jacobean and I only think it looks lighter compared to the other options, as many other have said how dark it is.

Basically looking for opinions and other options! I also like the idea of Bona Twig because it had green tones which I’ve read will counteract the red in the red oak, but can’t find any pictures of other who have used that stain on red oak.

Comments (5)