SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_694573604

best way to retrofit new hood with minimal work

tom kuhn
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are in the initial process of renovating our kitchen. I have just taken down the enclosure that hid the exhaust pipe for the microwave. For our new kitchen, we will be upgrading to a 36" Bluestar gas range and Z-Line hood. Even with the larger stove the center line for the new stove and hood is still in the same spot as the current range.

If you notice, 1) the vent was installed offset from the actual center line by a significant margin. About 5", and 2) because there was a wood enclosure around the the vent, they stopped the crown molding where the enclosure was. This enclosure also caused some ceiling dirt to show up as well becasue some of the ceiling was protected for so long. I would love to have a SS "box" that would be able to fill in that existing area to give a little more room for the vent and to cover up some of the exposed area. Anyone know of a place to get something like that? I was hoping the Hood Crown Molding would cover up the area but it is pretty small.

Any other thoughts about the best approach to this area without redoing the ceiling?

The old cabinets are still up in the photo.

Comments (5)