SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
burtnyks

Home Office Layout

burtnyks
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I’m going to be working from home on a more permanent basis. I ordered some new office furniture a few months ago. At the time I didn’t realize that it would be really nice to have some cozy seating and just make this space my hideaway. I’m looking to add either a sofa (preferred for comfort) or a chair (maybe more practical size wise). I’m the only one that will be using this room and don’t mind if it’s a bit cramped, but I also don’t want it to become an overwhelming space since I will be in here 8 hrs a day. What looks fine on paper might not work so well in real life. I have some layouts attached and pics of the current space. I’m a little concerned with the spacing to get to the desk but wasn’t sure how close I could put the desk and sofa. Major walking paths are shown in green. Would a sofa work here or am I better off with a smaller piece? The woman helping me at the furniture store recommended a sofa, but i wonder if that is because it’s a higher ticket item. There is a sofa option that is 36” vs 40” deep. Room is 11 x 12.

Comments (2)