SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adarland2003

pre-mason bee help

Andrew Darland
3 years ago

I was thinking about starting to house bees like mason bees and would like to start planning ahead for spring/ summer. I already made a house for them 6 inches deep and added a roof to the house and secured it so it doesn't move about 5 feet above the ground. There is a garden right below it but I only have milkweed which I use to raise monarchs and them I have a lot of alliums. I was wondering if it is better to get flower bulbs or get flower seeds/ wildflower seeds. the green is only about 10 feet by 5 feet so I didn't really plan on buying a huge pack of wildflower seeds just to waste most of the bag even if I use them for 1-3 years. I have dug a hole in the garden down to where its mostly clay like soil here in Kansas. Im more worried about not attracting them or not knowing if I have them in the city since a lot of places use pesticides and etc but I do always see different types of bees all over the honey suckle vines and the flowers we have in the front yard. any tips or help is greatly thanked.

Comment (1)

Sponsored