SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evan_barnes41

I have no idea how to finish our basement. Any suggestions?

Evan Barnes
3 years ago

We currently have a 3bed, 2 bath upstairs in our raised ranch (approx 1400sqft) and have a pretty open concept basement and have no idea on how we want to finish it. We like the idea of a big family room, but I think it's almost too big and we could benefit with having 3 more rooms down there (2 bedrooms and a smaller bedroom which would be used as an office) + bathroom and laundry room. We have 2 boys with one on the way so we don't really need 3 rooms and 2 would be fine, but having a spare bedroom for guests and a smaller office seems to make sense, but an 8x12 'flex' space too small? The flex space/office doesn't need a closet either, but figured it would be nice to have, especially if we want to make it a legal bedroom for any reason. It would be 81 sqft in total so pretty small.

One thing we really lack upstairs is storage (no closets in either bathroom, and no closet in front foyer so adding a couple closets down there is a must. I attached a layout (not 100% perfectly to scale, but close) with and without our ideas.

Honestly we're open to anything really. please help!

Comments (9)