Member from waay back in the old days...

dontpokethebear

For some reason, I just decided to go see if the old Kitchen Table gang was still going.

I was a member way back in the day when Spike ran it. That was a long time ago.

It was quite a rowdy and fun bunch (sometimes!). There were quite a few offshoot message boards, but nothing compared to the KT! Then Spike sold it to GardenWeb.

I saw a little blurb here that Glenda is under the weather? She was one of the early members.

I remember old Tadpole Terror, who was sure to get some fun stirred up. I have no idea whatever happened to him. He was, I think, an Alabama or Georgia fellow.

It took me a while to find the Kitchen Table! I knew it had migrated to Houzz - and I even had an account, so I must have signed up at some point :)

I used to post on the KT way back when as "CreativeMom". Gosh that was so long ago!

SaveComment25Like3
Comments (25)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathsgrdn

I'm still here from around 2000. I think there are still a few more hanging around. Some that I'm friends with on Facebook don't come here anymore.

2 Likes Save    
undertoad

I remember Tadpole and Spike. I’ve lurked off and on for years, but I couldn’t remember the number after my name of Coral, so now I’m someone else!

1 Like Save    
katlan

I've been here a loooong time. Used to be Kathy-PA but Houzz messed that up. Welcome back!

1 Like Save    
Uptown Gal

OMG....I was here back then (late 90's and into 2000), but then got into a busy

job, and eased away. I don't remember the name I used...have been trying to

find a list, etc. Tadpole was something else. He used to get into it with a lot

of people. Spike used to just send us for a ride "on the teacups" if he didn't

approve of the posts. I remember a Deni from Canada at one point.

1 Like Save    
barbara_tpa

I was here back then too - the good old Spike days. I remember someone nicknamed Hippo too. And all those wonderful people who have left for the Heavens. I was br40love back then.

1 Like Save    
dontpokethebear

I recognize a lot of your names! A fun trip down memory lane.
My how the internet has changed, but yet some is still the same.

2 Likes Save    
roy4me

I was Carol in California

1 Like Save    
hounds_x_two

I was here way back then, too! Don’t remember what my name was. I left when they decided we had to pay. Have been back for a few years now. Time does fly!

1 Like Save    
lily316

I was here around 2002 and my name has always been the same.

1 Like Save    
lindaohnowga

I've been here since the first day the KT started and I am still here and still the same person but a much older me.

5 Likes Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Still here, same name. Miss Budster, she was a hoot!

1 Like Save    
Cherryfizz

Welcome back! I joined the KT in 1999

2 Likes Save     Thanked by dontpokethebear
lisa_fla

Welcome back. I joined around 1999 I was originally Lisa-GA but moved to FL. There were some hilarious threads back then!

1 Like Save    
sheilajoyce_gw

I joined about 1992 when my eldest went off to college and she set up email for me on our computer so we could communicate easily. Next, I found Kitchen Table.

1 Like Save    
HU-629454853

What ever happened to Spike? Does he have a blog? Does he post somewhere under a different name?

1 Like Save    
chaser15

Been lurking here since mid 90s. Remember Spike, teacups, paying to play, etc. Maybe someone would remember a lady, think she was from the mid-west area. She had a grandson either taking care of or raising him. Can't remember their names but never forgot them. Think the grandson died and maybe she did too. Guessing maybe Glenda or some other old timers might remember.

1 Like Save    
phyllis__mn

Grandma Bonny?

5 Likes Save    
joyfulguy

I was here in Spike's days - I found myself in Disney a couple of times, wondered what had happened, and later found it to have been exiled because of misbehaviour.

Official name is "joyful guy" but I've been using "ole joyful" for some time.

I have appreciated many people and experiences here and am somewhat sad that many friends from earlier days have gone.

Early on enjoyed a visit with dances and cherryfizz, with a few others, in Windsor - that almost got cancelled because expected numbers seemed to shrink, but some said "Let's meet anyway", so we did.

Later at a meeting in London, organized by nita when she was traveling in the area.

ole joyful

3 Likes Save    
dontpokethebear

l I remember Cherryfizz! Is she still a poster here?

1 Like Save    
JoanMN

I was here from the first day. Just loved it, my first stop on the net every day. Was JoanMN then, too.

I remember Grandma Bonny dying, but not Griff. And I am pretty sure she lived in CA.

Save    
joann_fl

I've been here since 1999. I created the KT gathering place if you want to take a peek. It's all about us. KT Gathering Place

1 Like Save    
chaser15

Yes, Phyllis, thanks, I think it was Gramma Bonny.

Save    
lindaohnowga

Harley was the name of Grandma Bonnie's husband and yes, Cliff was the boy. According to my records, this past July 28, if Harley is still alive, he would have been 98 and Cliff 24.

Save    
tami_ohio

Welcome back! I'm still me!

Save    
JoanMN

linda, I bet I am talking about a different Bonny. I have her name as Bonny, I think she was Bonny/CA.

Here is a pic of her grand son Griff, and a sunset pic she sent to me.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Room of the Day Room of the Day: A New Kitchen Brings Back Old Style
An Illinois kitchen remodel combines 1900s style with modern touches
Full Story
Bathroom Makeovers Room of the Day: Craftsman Bathroom Gets Its Good Looks Back
A bathroom renovation in a century-old home combines era-appropriate style with updated touches
Full Story
Basements Room of the Day: Swank Basement Redo for a 100-Year-Old Row House
A downtown Knoxville basement goes from low-ceilinged cave to welcoming guest retreat
Full Story