SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edwmom

Need Advice on Bedroom Area Rug & Window Coverings

edwmom
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

HI there - I really need some guidance. I'm stuck...
When we moved into our house my son was 2 and his room was already painted a slate blue color so we just freshened up the trim (BM Simply White semi-gloss) and moved on. My son is now 8.5 and would like his room to be made more to his taste.
At the paint store he picked out a bright blue color (BM Bayberry Blue) for the walls:

He asked for stripes. So we compromised and agreed to do one long accent wall in wide horizontal stripes (our wall has a window in the middle). He picked out a BM cream color for the stripes. So that one wall will look something like this:

He also asked for red in the room. So I suggested that we add red in some accent pieces, artwork, etc.
We picked out a new coverlet for his bed that has a bright blue in it and also some red. It also reverses to solid red. This one:

But now I'm stuck. I need a rug for the room and to decide what to do with the two windows (which just have plain white honeycomb blackout shades on them).

For the rug, I've thought about navy or red....solid, or a narrow stripe or a small geometric pattern. I'm not great at mixing patterns on my own, but am open to it.

For the windows - do I just leave them plain or add some kind of valance or faux roman shade?

I'm just stuck on what will work with what we've already selected. What would you do for a rug and windows?

Thanks very much your help!
KW

Comments (12)