SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Comments? Intramuscular Deltoid Injections (vaccinations)

petalique
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I was thinking about the various ways I’ve observed IM Covid-19 vaccinations being given on various news segments. Quite a variety.

Here is a recent instructional video by an RN. I notice that many of those seen on TV administering IM injections do not appear to comply with these recommendations. They pinch the skin together instead of using the “Z track” method. They appear to inject the material too quickly. They do not leave the syringe in place for 10 seconds following the full plunger down, but usually pull the needle out right

away. And, I have seen those injecting “massage” or rub the area after withdrawing the needle.

On this video, is the injection site a bit high? Medical folks?

There is a lot of information given in the narrative, as well as video.

Anyone here going to sign up to administer vaccine (after we find where it went to and buy it back)?

Comment (1)

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    3 years ago

When I was in school decades ago and right up to last year, the Z-track technique was used for only a very few medications - none of them vaccines of any type.

I was also taught to lightly and briefly massage the site to encourage dispersal and absorption of the medication into the muscle tissue - for normal IM injections. Never to leave the needle in for 10 seconds or inject particularly slowly for vaccines.

The CDC webpage specific to the Pfizer vaccine talks about administration, and says nothing about using any but standard IM injection technique.