SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melinda_wadsworth

Large format tile vs small tile for small bathroom

I am planning to update my hall bathroom and can't decide what kind of tile to use. My house is fairly traditional but I want to make it more transitional. I like clean and simple. I like a modern touches and want an updated look that will be classic. I bought a navy blue vanity that has an open shelf bottom (I guess this helps make a space look bigger?!) I am trying to pick a tile for the floor and the tub area. Currently looking at small 2" hexagon tiles in plain white for the floor and then some sort of white subway for the tub. I would use a light gray grout to make the white pop. The tile guy suggests a large format tile (24" x 24") for the floor in a gray slate look porcelain tile with white tile for the shower. I am conflicted because I hate cleaning grout but this is a kids bathroom and it is a place to have a little "fun" with tile. I am worried the hex tile will be busy and difficult to clean but I worry the large tile is gray and boring. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (5)