SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan_castle36

St. Augustine Damage - South Florida

Ryan Castle
3 years ago

I installed St. Augustine sod in my front yard late November and things started off very well... used RGS to promote root growth and watered constantly. Roots took ground in no time and were strong to the pull.

About a month later in mid-December, I started noticing brown/yellow patches forming which I assumed to be large patch due to the sudden drop in temperatures and a little overwatering for the sake of establishing the sod.

I hit the lawn with the "bullet-proof" strategy of azoxystrobin and, a few days later, propiconazole to try and remedy the fungus problem. Now we're in January (temperatures still falling to the mid 40s-50s some nights) and the lawn is looking worse than ever.

I'm out of ideas at this point, I've been bagging my mower clippings and have gone light on watering as not to further spread the disease. I've attached some photos of the lawn this morning... horrible! I would really appreciate any insight you guys could offer. Is this just damage from new sod being hit by such stark weather fluctuations? Did I not kill the disease? Is this insect/chinch bug damage?

Comments (3)