SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aaron_leff

Dilemma mounting barn door track on wall architectural pop-out. Help!

Aaron Leff
3 years ago

Hi all,

Story - We are in the middle of a master bedroom/bathroom remodel. We've lived too long with a curtain across the opening to the bathroom, and it's too disruptive using it when a spouse is trying to sleep! So, I've built barn doors to install, for privacy and light/sound dampening. Pocket doors will not work due to plumbing and electrical on the bathroom side.

Challenge - I need your help with ideas for mounting the track. It's an 8' long track which will have double 24" doors hanging on it. The architectural pop-out makes mounting the track a challenge. It is 4.5' across and accommodates 3 of the 5 track mounting holes. However, each end of the track - with one mounting hole each - hang over by 21" on per side. Essentially, the middle mounts normally (where the curtain rod is seen), but it leaves a huge gap of 6" from wall to track for the two holes on the ends. I realize I can buy really long lag bolts to cover the gap, but that would look pretty rough! I considered mounting wood blocks to cover the gap and secure the ends, but thought that would look pretty bad too.

Question - What would you do to bridge the barn door track gap, while both securing the ends and still looking aesthetically pleasing? Please help! I've searched everywhere and exhausted my ideas. I'm eager for any other thoughts or ideas that can help!

Thank You!

Comments (11)