SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_kim275

Help with kitchen backsplash ideas...stuck!

Jenn
3 years ago

This is my first kitchen and major renovation project and I’ve learned that I don’t have a strong style sense ...I love them all, contemporarily, minimal/Scandinavian, coastal. I also have terrible visualization skills!

Now to my question, I’ve fallen in love with the tiles that look hand-made, slightly imperfect edges with light tonal differences - has an “organic” feel to it? They come in both 5x5 and 3x12 tiles. Leaning towards the 3x12, stacked subway arrangement. Debating if 1) the style would fit the rest of the kitchen and 2) if I should go with the white or ivory option? The white would make the perimeter look very clean, ivory would bring in some warmth.

Picture 1: shows a fairly close representation of my kitchen along with some of the fixtures and appliances I’ve purchased.

Picture 2: shows the tiles in both colors although the white in real life look pretty bright white versus what the manufacturer picture shows

Picture 3: alternative tiles I was looking at....white fish scales (whimsical) and elongated hexagon (clean)

Cabinet: inset shaker style, white top & bottom perimeter, dark island (debating between black or a charcoal navy/almost black) dark pantry and white countertops

Additional: black sink, black pendant light, black cooktop, stainless steel fridge and oven, brass cabinet hardware

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments (4)