SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blinktmb

Would love recommendations for a built-in gas grill!

blinktmb
3 years ago

Grill and smoker recommendations—please point me to relevant posts if you want, because I’m sure this gets asked all the time, but I couldn’t find much via the search.

We will have the opportunity to have an outdoor kitchen/BBQ area at our new house, and I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to research the best gas grill to build in. I’ve decided I want a gas grill built in, and will have a separate smoker that I’ll store in the shed and take out when I use it. I anticipate using the gas grill maybe once a week or a few times a month, and the smoker maybe once a month or less.

The gas grill is my first priority because I need to figure out what size the built-in grill will be! We are a family of 3, maybe someday 4, and have friends over/small gatherings sometimes but not too often. For weekly grilling, I’m usually just doing chicken and veggies. I live in the DC/MD area so only grill for part of the year (I know I could grill year round, but I also know that I just won’t!). My top factors would be quality, longevity, ease of use, and aesthetics (something that will look nice as a built in, with the rest of the back yard, patio, etc.)

For the smoker, I wanted the option to do normal charcoal grilling too, and had narrowed it down to a kamado grill such as a Kamado Joe or the the Big Green Egg, but open to suggestions. I like to do things like smoked pork butt. Haven’t gotten too fancy yet 🙂

Thanks!!

Comments (35)