SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenna_digirolamo

Kitchen Help! Walls, Backsplash, Soffits!

Jenna DiGirolamo
3 years ago

Hello All!

I'd love some help with our kitchen. I am in the process of painting our cabinets Simply White by Benjamin Moore (one picture shows 1/2 of the kitchen done and I'm just not painting the rest so please excuse the mess!)

I am wondering about a few things and maybe I should do separate posts but I'll just try to throw it all in here.

1. The soffits on top of the cabinets: (I really dont like them but they're here to stay. Do I paint them the wall color or Cabinet color? Do you recommend I add some trim/crown molding? There is popcorn on the underside and the underside is currently painted the same color as the ceiling and the soffit is the old wall color. But now that we're painting everything I'm not sure what to do for a positive change!

2. The backsplash. Do you recommend I just paint the backsplash again? We were wanting to do subway tiles but I read that we would need to take of the 4" granite backsplash in order to make it look right but my husband vetod that idea because he thinks it will be too much work? Do you think it would look silly to add subway tile above that 4" granite?

3. Wall color! I was originally thinking revere pewter by Benjamin Moore because I painted the french doors Palladian Blue and I love it with the simply white cabinets. But then the soffits confused me because I didn't want a dark stripe on top of the cabinets and my husband had the idea of adding shiplap to the walls. So we were wondering if we should do a full wall of shiplap or just 3/4 and do the top's revere pewter. ORRRRR just scratch the shiplap idea entirely and just do all revere pewter. If we did all shiplap I would paint the shiplap White Dove by Benjamin Moore to have a little contrast with the cabinets. Do you think the kitchen would look good all white or should I add Revere Pewter in there on the top? Picture for inspiration! But I do also like the look of full shiplapped walls. I'm just not sure if it would be too much white!

If you got this far, THANKS FOR READING! I'd appreciate any advice/feedback!

Comments (3)