SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_58962921

My New Year Resolution: A Modest Proposal

User
3 years ago

Almost every year I set goals that I do not meet. Some I can’t reasonably achieve, and some I actually just forget about. Still others I look back on and wonder why I even chose them. This has revealed a lot to me about myself—-mainly that I am very bad at setting goals, more specifically the right goals for me. This year I was inspired by a two year old America’s Test Kitchen video comparing all the different types of plastic and glass food storage. I watched their process and conclusions, and ordered an entirely new array of storage. Tonight I am going through my two shelves of Tupperware and Tupperware-ish stuff and I and replacing EVERYTHING. No more sour cream containers, no takeout containers, no Rubbermaid stained with tomato sauce, no plastic with those weird white bumps on the inside (petrified food? Plastic warts?). i am getting rid of it all and keeping only the ATK approved storage. This is not grand gesture but rather will be a modest accomplishment, as I have found that the former results in no accomplishment. This year I will actually start January off with a new lease on....well, not life, but Food Storage!

For those interested, this ancient YouTube video is here: https://youtu.be/WprgFWLgguM

Comments (25)