SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_910606675

Where to buy a good quality sofa that does not cost 5k or more?

Ly Gi
3 years ago

I am a bit confused about recommendations on sofas that I've read on this platform. I am looking for a comfortable sofa that will still hold up in 2 years, but I don't have a 5k$ (or more) budget for it. From what I've read, sofas from Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Room and Board, WestElm, and the likes do not hold up well for the price, and many people swear that they hate their furniture. On the other hand, brands that are recommended by professionals are quite costly, and my husband and I are not ready for this kind of investment for the moment. So if the more accessible retailers mentioned above are not an option, where does one buy a good quality regular length sofa for under 3k? Comfort is the most important criteria for me. My husband has issues with asthma and dust allergies, so down and (especially) feathers are not the ideal filling for the cushions (unless it stays put). Can anyone recommend a brand/retailer worth looking into? Considering that we are still in the middle of a pandemic, online shopping is what we are planning to do. (I know everyone says we should see/try/feel sofas in a shop before making a choice but we are not comfortable with this kind of activity right now and we need a sofa so...) Thanks in advance!

Comments (25)