SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gonzalj21

Need help with a reach in closet...

gonzalj21
3 years ago

I have a long closet in my master bedroom, it reaches from one wall to another. 168" Long by 55" High by 24" Deep. The opening for the closet is a large sliding door and right in the center, about 90". Behind the wall for the closet is an alcove as the roof line then slopes down. There is an access door to the crawlspace in the center behind the sliding door. Ideally I would try to use the whole space and have some pull out drawers made. Unfortunately I was told a lot of beams are supporting the roof and it would be too costly.
My next plan would be to change the sliding doors to 2 doors on either side and a dresser in the center against the wall. I don't know if it would be possible yet to move the access door from the center yet so I may just not add a center wall to the closet. This will leave me with just 2 closets about 7' long and 24" deep. I was thinking of putting a chest of drawers inside the closet in the corner one on each end, for socks underwear etc. The rest of the closet for hanging. Would this work or would it be too awkward to reach the dresser? Ideas on organization needed please. I've made some drawings that you can refer to. Thanks so much!

Comment