SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thesellison

Recessed Cans vs. Flush LED lighting?!! PLEASE. HELP.

Calling ALL electricians!

Thanks for taking the time to read (and hopefully help) with this electrifying design delima. We are currently building our forever home and are coming up on electrical selections. Being a Realtor, I've noticed more and MORE flush mount LED "cans" vs. the standard Recessed Cans, in the market. I don't think I have a preference on look of one over the other; however, I would love to know what designers are seeing. Our home will be over 7 figures and I don't want to cheapen the look or be "trendy", so I'm trying to find a glass ball to see if these LED cans are a thing of the future or just here for now?! I am also very price conscious and as it stands there is a considerable savings to go with the LED. The standard recessed cans are costing about $75/per and the LED are around $50 (that is the electricians installed price) we have over 50 at the moment, that is a savings of about $1250, just not sure if it's worth it. Would LOVE any designers opinions and of course any/all builders and electricians!

Comments (22)