SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judygood59

Glenda update again

Judy Good
3 years ago

From Glenda's son,

The diagnosis from her cat scan show that Mom had a moderate stroke. Waiting for MRI analysis now to determine the severity and cause. She has lost some strength on her left side but she still has decent movement. However her mental capacity and reasoning have been diminished (hopefully temporarily). I apologize if she has or does call you especially at crazy hours. I just talked briefly with her and she says she is being held hostage and they are not caring for her. Which is totally not the case. Her nurse was actually changing her and bathing her when she was saying that. So if you get a strange call from her, please keep that in mind

Comments (44)

• chisue
    3 years ago

This may be temporary. Sure hope so!

• jkayd_il5
    3 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Thanks for the update.

• Ninapearl
    3 years ago

my neighbor had a bad stroke a few weeks ago. she was the same way, very confused, etc. she's been transferred to a rehab facility and is doing very well, getting her senses back. hope and pray the same for your mom!

• Yayagal
    3 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear that, I pray that she gets back to her amazing self and goes on for many years in good health. I'm praying for her.

• User
    3 years ago

I'm glad she's in the hospital, where she NEEDS to be right now.

May I make a suggestion for the OP? I honestly really am thankful to you for your updates - but could you please put the date/time in your "update" titles? Thank you for keeping us updated! <3

• mare_wbpa
    3 years ago

Parke, don't lose heart. I'm a retired RN and have worked with Geriatric pts a lot. It's not unusual for older people to become disoriented and confused when in the hospital. She may bounce back completely when she's able to be in familiar surroundings.

• Judy Good
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I receive his text's in the evening and post the next day, if I feel they are note worthy. Do want an exact time Hot Rod? That I cannot do. They are never older than 12 hours from his text to me.

• hallngarden
    3 years ago

Judy,so thankful you are able to give us updates. Sweet her family takes the time to update her info. Prayers for Glenda.

• lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

I sure do appreciates the updates Parke gives you and then you giving them to us, Judy. Praying daily for our Genda.

• sal 60 Hanzlik
    3 years ago

Thanks Judy, you are doing just fine. ((hugs))) Glenda

• nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Continuing prayers for Glenda's recovery ... and aren't we all grateful nurses are so compassionate? I'm sure they've seen it all, and seen it worse. And I suspect they can tell the difference between medication- or situation-induced behavior, and someone who is just a jerk (something to ask our nurse friends).

• woodrose
    3 years ago

I'm so sorry Glenda had a stroke, but thankful it wasn't worse. Hope she recovers completely.

I appreciate you sharing the updates from Parke very much. I have no problem knowing which is the latest, because I can see how long ago it was posted.

Prayers for Glenda, and a hug for you, Judy.

• Ont_Gal
    3 years ago

Thank you Judy!! Keep up the good fight, Glenda!!

• marylmi
    3 years ago

Sorry to hear about the stroke. Keeping her in prayers.

• blfenton
    3 years ago

I sure hope Glenda recovers. I will be heartbroken if anything happens to her.

Thanks Judy for keeping us posted and to Parke for allowing us to keep up with how his mom is doing. I hope that he, his wife and Parke Jr are doing okay.

• desertsteph
    3 years ago

I can see how long ago it was posted.

that's what I go by also. I guess something like 'Glenda update 12/18 ' would be helpful. I know there have been times I've clicked on the wrong 'smiles' thread - and it usually shows the date!

I'm very glad her son updates you and that you pass it on to us. thx for that! I also know of a few people who have had a stroke who were confused and thought they were being kept hostage in a strange place etc - for a time. Then they started to get their bearings and slowly began to heal. I pray this is how it will be for Glenda. She's had more than 1 shock to her system. it will take time.

A friend who was in a nursing home early on after covid started told her dd that astronauts were in her room.

• katlan
    3 years ago

Still continued prayers for Glenda. I hope she can stay positive, that is so much of it. Thank you Judy and to Parke.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    3 years ago

My mother didn't even have a stroke, she had a fall and a fracture. Her doctor didn't think he could adequately address her pain safely when she lived alone in an independent living apartment that year - he suggested rehab for 7-9 days. I agreed. I shouldn't have. It was very very hard on her - I thought we'd lost her cognitively with the different surroundings and uncomfortable furnishings, strange faces, whole new routine. I could not have imagined the toll those changes would make in just a weeks time. She did 'come back' to us but it wasn't overnight. It took weeks. I know Glenda's case a little different (and I do pray for her), but we'd have done better hiring private help to stay a week or so to care for her and supervise meds, baths. I have a better working relationship with her doctor now and hopefully can make better choices.

I'm sincerely sorry the covid restrictions are compounding Glenda's recovery. I can only imagine she feels like a sailor lost in a storm - how I wish there was some way to help.

• JoanMN
    3 years ago

Continued prayers for Glenda and son and GS.

• georgysmom2
    3 years ago

I will come to hotrod's defense. We all appreciate everything you're doing to keep us informed Judy. Perhaps Hotrod didn't notice that right under your update it said it was posted 6 hours ago. That would tell anyone that it was the most recent update. I don't think anyone really wants to know what time Parke contacted you, they just want to make sure they are reading the most recent update. If they see it was posted two days ago, 1 day ago or 6 hours ago, they should be able to figure it out. For those that are unaware, when you post something it does say under the post when it was posted.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Judy, for keeping us informed. Continued prayers for Glenda.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 Hope and pray that she will return to herself in a quick recovery.

• nicole___
    3 years ago

Judy...thanks for the update.

• Kathsgrdn
    3 years ago

Prayers.

• kathyg_in_mi
    3 years ago

Judy, Great job! And thank you.

To Glenda's family I am praying for all of you. Yes, she will be confused for awhile, but that should pass. Hugs, Kathy G in MI

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

I will add my wishes for Glenda to have a quick recovery. Also, a big thank you to Judy for keeping us updated. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• maddielee
    3 years ago

Yes, please put the date in your update. Thank you for sharing what you know.

prayers continue for her.

• sjerin
    3 years ago

Thank you for the updates, Judy. We all hope Glenda makes progress towards recovery very soon.

• hallngarden
    3 years ago

Our entire family is praying for Glenda. She has shared so many recipes . Our grands learned to cook using her recipes. Never met her but feel a special kindred with her. Think I may be maybe a year older. We folks will probably never meet in person , but we sure have fun together. Judy, so very thankful you are able to get info for us. Keep up the good work.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Thanks for the info, Judy. I’m sorry to hear about Glenda having a stroke and hope she will recuperate soon. Immediate care following a stroke is helpful to recovery. I do hope she is improving as she is greatly missed here.

Is she still at the address previously posted for receiving mail?

As for updates...I haven’t been seeing updated threads properly on this site for a couple of days. Just yesterday I was seeing the photo of the day from Friday and Saturday! I thought maybe Annie was still having power issues from the recent snow storms so didn’t think much about it. Then several threads showed up from the past 2 days.

• lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

Do you think we should hold off on sending cards or go ahead and send them to the hospital address given previously?

• woodrose
    3 years ago

Would it help if Judy added a number to her updates, like " Glenda Update 7 " ? I don't need it myself, but maybe it would help others.

• User
    3 years ago

I was simply asking for the date of the update, not the time. Main reason is - even though I could see the "posted date," it makes it easier at a glance to see when the update was posted - especially when/if someone posts on an older post, because those get bumped to the top.

Sorry to have opened a can of worms.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

I totally understood what hot rod meant. The date on the title helps people to know if they're posting on an older one before they even open it.

Being the voracious reader I am I tend to even open the older ones... And enjoy reading many of the older posts with no expectations of new news.

Either way thank you so much Glenda's son via Judy for keeping us in the know! Glenda I'm sending heartfelt wishes for you to get completely better fast.

• lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

I'd still like to know whether to send a card now or wait. What do you all think?

• woodrose
    3 years ago

I still don't understand why anyone can't see that if an update was posted hours ago, or yesterday, that it's the latest update. Judy hasn't posted an update for four days and after this nonsense I wouldn't blame her if she stopped completely. There are only two of you who insist that Judy give you an exact date to " make it easier for you". The rest of us are happy to just hear some news about how Glenda is doing, and thankful to Judy for providing it. I hope we can just let this drop now, and move on.

• User
    3 years ago

I wasn't insisting - I just made a suggestion. And I later apologized. No need to get nasty at me.

• tami_ohio
    3 years ago

Woodrose, I have not been able to access KT for over a week, as only able to use the phone for internet in that time frame. I am now back on the computer. My phone doesn't play nice with Houzz for some reason. So even though I can tell at a glance when the last posting was, it would be easier for me to see a date in the subject line as I try to catch up, at a glance. And when I could access the site on my phone, it was to small to read those. I have worried about Glenda for the past week, when I was unable to check for updates!

I am so thankful to see the update! I will continue to pray for Glenda's recovery, and for her family for strength and comfort, and the knowledge needed for any decisions that may need to be made for her care.

Tami

• lucillle
    3 years ago

I'd still like to know whether to send a card now or wait. What do you all think?

I sent a card when they first posted the hospital address. I figured that if she was moved I could always send another, but if she stayed I wanted to brighten her day and let her know we are thinking of her.

• kathyg_in_mi
    3 years ago

Glenda, so happy you will be back with us! KathyG in MI

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

So nice to hear you are home, @glenda_al. Do get yourself settled in. From experience, I know the transition can take a little bit of time. Love this news.

• Judy Good
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Love this, thanks Glenda.

• hallngarden
    3 years ago

Wonderful news, you were thought about daily. So happy you are home. Take care getting settled in. You were missed.

• satine100
    3 years ago

yippee

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath