SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabriela_hernandez86

Help deciding room layout - where to place TV?

Gabriela Bersier
3 years ago

My husband and I are moving to a new apartment and are having a hard time deciding where to place the TV. We are debating between placing the TV in the living room (perhaps with built-in shelves) or using our 3rd bedroom as a TV room/guest bedroom (we would place a sofa bed).

We love entertaining and having family and friends over, so the idea of having a "formal" living room (without TV) excites us. Also, we wouldn't be using the guest bedroom as much, maybe twice a year when my parents come visit and the occasional guest, so the idea of giving the room more use as a TV room sounds appealing. But we are not completely sure about the practicality, and wonder if going with the built-ins and TV in the living room and keeping the guest bedroom is a better option in the long run.

What are your opinions?? Which option do you think would work better?

Here are some photos of what we are thinking:

1) Our living room looks like this; it's an open space floor plan and has a balcony

2) We are thinking of placing the furniture like this (with or without TV)

3) Thinking of a built-in like this one; the wall in the living room is big and don't know if without the shelves it would look to empty with only the TV.

Thank you!!

Comments (3)