SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisvonsimson

Fiberglass entryway front door

Hi there Houzz.

My question today in on fiberglass, glass, and color of a front door. Context first..

Installation: We live in Fairfax County VA, where we are very lucky to have @Windows on Washington Ltd (WoW) close by (who did an excellent job on our windows). They also do doors and we are looking forward to their expert help again. I'll be asking them these questions but thought I'd ask you too.

Environment: Our house is in a suburban 1970s colonial SFH in a midscale neighborhood (Greenbriar). We and our neighbors mostly have white vinyl siding, and white vinyl replacement windows. Our front entryway has some brick edging, two sidelights, and faces exactly due south, with no shade whatsoever. I'll edit to post a photo shortly...

Questions

1. So I'm thinking fiberglass, likely Provia, but what is the rough cost change between the various Provia fiberglass ranges? 30%?

2. Color: white matches the siding and the windows, and defends against the sun somewhat, but appears very outmoded. Would a wood-tone color hold up against the full summer sun?

3. Glass amount: does adding glass increase the cost significantly? How much? We like privacy glass, does that add extra?

Looking forward to your opinions, as ever...

Comments (6)