SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angela_harvey

Convection w/without Air fryer & double or single range

Even since having a double wall oven in a previous home, I've been in love with the convenience. Now looking to replace old electric range with affordable (prefer less than $1,300) electric smoothtop free standing double range but still debating on double or single because last I looked there weren't many doubles and they were pricey. Things have obviously changed! Now several manufacturers, most with very good ratings making them. And I'm maybe telling my age by thinking convection and air fryer built in: How Cool! lol I'd be able to toss the big bulky Nuwave oven and the unused air fryer? I'm not a creative or fancy cook but follow recipes ok. Not a dessert (pies, cakes, etc) family until they create low fat & sugar ones that taste the same. I might try casseroles, roast chicken, & meatloaf etc in oven. We only tried chicken, steaks, chops & fish in the Nuwave. The air fryer was only used for my son to cook frozen meatballs. I've been studying up on difference between convection and air fryer. I think that most any 'air fryer' recipe can be cooked comparably in a convection oven? Ranges with both seem to be single oven anyway so maybe I shouldn't worry about not having the air fry feature? What are your thoughts?
- Also please share thoughts and opinions on double ovens. I tried one in the store noticed that the bottom oven went all the way to the floor and I've got back issues but also thought most of my meals would probably fit in the top one. Plus not all of them went to the floor.
-Also, about the knobs in front or back?
Thanks ahead of time!

Comments (6)