SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mailprocessing

FL curb appeal - please help

mailprocessing
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My house is the one on the right

Below: 2 homes on my street with grass lawns.

Below: My home on right.

Our house in Naples has minimal landscaping done by the builder 2 years ago.

The lots in our neighborhood are small; 50' across & 135' deep. Because of the small size, I think I need to consider the landscapes of the neighbors on either side, so there is some continuity. The large tree to the right side of my garage is my neighbor's, so it stays.

My neighbors to the left recently replaced their lawn with crushed shell.

I think the abrupt line from the shells on their yard to my lawn makes my tiny lawn look even smaller than it did when they had grass, because previously, the grass flowed uninterrupted from their driveway to our driveway.

I have attached a photo of 2 other neighbors who both have grass & think it looks more harmonious. Any ideas are welcome. Should we include some crushed shells on our side to soften the abrupt change between yards? Should we replace our lawn with shells? Keep the grass & separate the yards with shrubs? Should we add/remove trees & shrubs? I am stuck on which way to go.

Please note that there is a drainage ditch near the street that the county is replacing with a culvert. After that project is done, we can landscape over the culvert near the street.

I plan to move the mailbox to the other side of the driveway after the culvert project is done.

As far as the house goes; any thoughts on painting the garage door to match the front door, or painting it the same color as the house?

The house is painted SW Panda White, trim, SW Extra White, front door SW Vintage Vessel. Suggestions on a new front door & garage color would be welcomed. We are not up for repainting the whole house since it is only 2 years old. The roof is a problematic pinky brown color that controls paint choices

Thank you for your ideas!

FL Curb Appeal · More Info

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions