SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_3721088

Newbie HVAC question.

User
3 years ago

Hi There, Our HVAC system for our small 900sq ft. place does not seem to fit into any of the normal type setups. I would really appreciate if some one could help me determine which ducts are what. Please take a look at the attached 4 pics, the 3rd is labeled with my concerns. My purpose in knowing is that I will install a whole home humidifier, it seems that it would be mounted on duct that I labeled #1.

#1) Just to confirm this is the supply duct correct?

#2) 4" get's hot when heater is turned on. Does this hot air mix with the air from duct labeled #1 or is it an exhaust from the gas heating chamber?

#3) PVC pipe seems to be a condensation drain. Correct?

So I am not well versed in the correct names of these parts but my idea is that the cold air enters through the filter, into the bottom of the unit. The air gets heated or cooled then leaves the top of the unit. Looks like that whole space under the HVAC unit acts as the return right? So would the other humidifier connection just run down into the closed space between the filter and the bottom of the HVAC unit? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz