SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missmewv

Stairs from garage to entry... aluminum metal, stone, wood tread ???

missmewv
3 years ago

Building a new home and need to make a decision on the stairs for the garage to entry. I've received quotes for Trek, wood, and aluminum. I think we're going with the aluminum from the same company who will do our exterior porch railings. They do custom aluminum work. Will go with a bronze powder coat aluminum. I've not seen very many metal stairs in residential garages and need help with ideas for the treads and/or design of the stairs. Any suggestions? The quote is for aluminum treads or diamond plate. I worry that would be too industrial for our french country home, not to mention loud! The company does custom work and said they could get wood treads or I could tile. Other's have mentioned bluestone to match our front walkway and porch treads. It's a garage afterall so I don't want to overthink it, but it will be stairs I use every day. I may as well do something that looks nice and is durable since it's new construction. I'm just not imagining any of these treads working with the bronze aluminum. I need pics! Any ideas and suggestions as well a photos would be appreciated!

Comments (10)