UPS fast!......

Lucille

My package from Amazon was supposed to take 8 days, tracking says it will arrive tomorrow after 3 days. Good job UPS!!!

SaveComment17Like1
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

No problem as well with orders arriving fast.

Save     Thanked by Lucille
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

I can't remember the last time an order from Amazon came via UPS and I live out in the sticks about 25 miles outside the city. Sometimes it is an Amazon van but more often it is a sub-contractor driving their own vehicle.

Back when I was in college I worked part time for UPS loading the delivery trucks. The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas was crazy and I would often end up working 8+ hour days when the normal was 5 hours. I can't imagine what it's like now with all of the online shopping.

maifleur03

Most of my orders have came via the Amazon delivery. Now those that were shipped by FedEx/Walmart or USPS/Amazon that is a different story. Both were shown delivered. First just disappeared in the never never which I think is where my refund is. The second was tracked down yesterday to a "house up the street" and may be delivered tomorrow. Of course on at least two of the news sites were stories this morning about unordered Amazon shipments showing up and what to do with them. Since today was trash day I suspect my package is on the way to the dump. Luckily nothing important and of small value. UPS is seldom used by any of the third party sellers that I regularly buy from on Amazon.

Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)

Many things I've ordered recently are arriving at least a day early. I think Amazon is trying to stay ahead of the seasonal rush. I seem to remember them doing the same last year at this time.

Most things I get from Amazon that are shipped UPS are heavier/bulkier items.

glenda_al

Have a pkg arriving today. Left note by door saying to return pkg. Sure hope they honor the note. Was told to do that by seller.

Elmer J Fudd

It can vary by location. I have a Prime account and usually any delay is because of a less than immediate shipment from the warehouse. In many areas, Amazon deliveries are done by its own system, which I think is really contractors using the Amazon name.

At one of our homes, next day delivery is standard (for even two day items), whether by UPS or Amazon's fleet itself. At the other, two days is more typical. For things with a longer lead time or less than immediate shipment status, they under-commit and over-perform. An order they say today will arrive by Saturday, can be expected no later than Friday.

Save    
pudgeder

One item I ordered was shipped UPS to one of the UPS stores, and THEN it was USPS'd to my mail box.

The shipping label is how I found that out. Thought that was strange.

Elmer J Fudd

One of Amazon's delivery programs involves UPS and USPS working together. UPS will pickup shipments at the Amazon fulfillment center and then sort and transport the items to the local or regional Postal Service centers for them to take it from there. In my area, when USPS handles the last leg of the delivery, it usually (though not always) comes with the M-Sat mail delivery. Sometimes separately. USPS also does Amazon deliveries on Sundays too, a day that UPS doesn't work.

If you want to see how an item is being transported, check the tracking detail on the Amazon Order page. If by UPS exclusively, the tracking number starts with something like 1Zxxxxxx. Amazon's delivery service is something like TBAxxxxxxxx. If it's UPS and USPS working together, it will have a USPS tracking ID and those are all numbers.

Save    
ci_lantro

The UPS hand-off to USPS is common in my area for Amazon orders, anyway. Maybe others but I most of my pkgs come from Amazon.

Lucille

The UPS hand-off to USPS is common

Here too. It is called UPS Smartpost here.

Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

My pkg. from UPS was to arrive today--got it yesterday.

Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)

UPS offers SurePost.
FedEx offers SmartPost.
In both cases, USPS does the final delivery.

It's supposed to be faster and sometimes it is. Especially when USPS delivers it on a Saturday.

What it's often seems like to me is that there's a "nobody's responsible" hand off time when UPS or FedEx claims to have given it to USPS but USPS hasn't scanned it in yet. Perhaps it's setting in a truck out back? So, oftentimes, in my experience, it takes a day longer than if any one of the three would have done the entire shipment themselves. I think it saves the seller money but I don't know.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Lucille
aok27502

My large, heavy package from Amazon was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but it arrived today. It came on a Ryder truck with a guy in a blue uniform. I have no idea who they were.

Elmer J Fudd

Contractors

Save    
satine100

I placed an Amazon order on the 23rd of November and got all but two items within 2 days. The last two items are sitting in Staten Island where they have been for the past 4 days. One is a birthday present for my granddaughter (Dec 7) and the other a Christmas present for a grandson.

amylou321

I love UPS. I have had ZERO problems with them since moving out here. FedEx has been okay too. But UPS is my favorite and I wish amazon would let you choose who handles your delivery. With USPS, or at least with my mail troll, its more common for me to have to go pick up my packages at the post office than for it to deliver them.

maifleur03

If this years deliveries are anything like last years expect to see some strange looking vehicles dropping off packages. Biggest last year was a Penske rental truck. The strangest was a 1970s Ford Station wagon rust and all. I look at it that the people are willing to work and if the packages do not look like they have been through a war more power to the delivery people.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Lucille
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Patios Cozy Outdoor Rooms Let You Snuggle Up to Fall
Drape a throw and let the firelight glow. These ideas for your outdoor room will make fast friends of you and autumn
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: Hardworking Style Holds Up to a Busy Family
A Utah designer helps a couple create an industrial-modern kitchen with durable yet playful materials
Full Story
Bedrooms 5 Tips to Wake Up Faster and More Happily
Shine when you rise even if you're not a morning person with these strategies to banish the brain fuzz
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More