SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ottoandlillysmom

Island drawer depth 22" on both sides?

ottoandlillysmom
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am replacing my island with one that is mostly drawers. The current size of the granite top is: 68.5 Long X 37.5 Wide. The island has 24" deep cabinets on one long side and seating with a 12" overhang on the other long side. There is a trash pullout (17.5"), a single door cabinet (14.5") and a double door cabinet (32.5"), all with 6" H drawers above. I would like to keep the same length of 68.5" top but increase the width to accommodate drawers on both sides rather than seating which we never use. Storage is key and I love drawer storage best. The reason I am thinking 22" depth is the space I have between the island and our kitchen table. Right now we have 48" between side of counter top to side of table which run parallel to each other, not counting kitchen chairs. I would have to capture some of that space to add storage on both sides. I'm not sure how much space though. If the cabinets are 22" on each side, plus over hang of 1" would that mean the island would be 46" wide? That would give me 39" between table and island. Is that enough? I'd like to keep the trash pull out and replace the other cabinets with 36" 3 stack drawers and a pull out or a 30" 3 stack drawers and a larger pull out. On the other side of the island I would like all drawers but haven't firmed up design because I'm not sure if I have enough space between island and kitchen table. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Comment (1)