SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_809985762

**Help!! How to transform/design a (nearly) blank slate living room?**

Leah
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Moved out of an 800 sq.ft. apartment into an 1800 sq.ft. new build condo...plenty of bare space to work with. In general I prefer a more neutral/light color palette (especially for an area rug)...overall though I would like the space to feel more open, welcoming, and cat friendly.

• Paint: walls are "Pure White" Sherwin Williams, may repaint in the future but not any time soon.
  • Furniture: LoveSac & LoveSactional are new; just ordered a larger TV to wall mount, and we also have a solid sound system. Otherwise, the coffee table and cat tower thing will move to another room.
  • Still Needed: media console/tv stand (preferably something low profile/narrow), lighting, side table, area rug, decor, etc.....basically everything except for current seating and TV.
  • Cat-Friendly: open to suggestions for wall mounted shelving, etc.

WINDOW SITUATION: window right next to sliding door...current window coverings/rods are temporary (seriously just moved in). I plan on ordering Levolor cellular shades in Snow White (top down/bottom up) for the window, as I have the same shades in a few rooms thus far and really like the quality and appearance.

• Curtains: for the rod, how high up toward the ceiling is "too high"? Should I extend the rod (as well as curtains) to cover the window as well? Unsure if this would look tacky.

General layout of the space for reference.

I would be extremely appreciative for any and all suggestions, tips, etc.; anything helps! Thank you all so much :-)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts