SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dierdra11

4” kitchen backsplash mistake

Olivviae Ho'omaluhia

November 26, 2020

I recently remodeled my kitchen and absentmindedly responded, “yes,” to the contractor when he asked me about the 4 inch backsplash over my countertop. He must have asked me if I wanted him to put it on. I must have thought he asked me if I did not want him to put it on. Anyway, he put it on. I was not there afterward when the tile guy installed a beautiful 3-D hexagonal tile above the quartz countertop. Every time I look at that 4 inch backsplash I want to pull my hair out. I keep wondering if there’s anyway to remove it without ruining the quartz countertop and the ceramic 3-D hexagonal tile above it, which I would like to bring down to the countertop. I absolutely hate the 4” backsplash so much that I may have to go through the expense of redoing the counters, unless there is someone with incredible skill who can remove the four-inch piece without ruining everything above and below it. In my fantasy, I am hoping that someone skilled can remove that four-inch piece and then remove the little triangular pieces of hexagonal tile and bring a full piece of executive tile enter that area all the way down to the countertop. In my fantasy, I am hoping that someone skilled can remove that four-inch piece and then remove the little triangular pieces of hexagonal tile that meet the top of the 4” piece of backsplash and place a full piece of hexagonal tile in that area so that it comes all the way down to the countertop.

Comments (5)