SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
internet1382

Show your 2020 Christmas Trees / Decorations Here!

Aphaea
3 years ago

For two years in a row, WMSIMON 85 has started a wonderful, enjoyable Christmas thread. I haven't seen one go up yet; I hope you are okay, WMS, and will join us in this year's discussions and sharing. You've created a legacy even in that short time.

For 2020--a weird and unsettling year if ever there was one--let us go forth and indulge what for us has become one of the most beloved threads on Houzz. It will be different for a lot of us who will voluntarily if not happily alter our beloved traditions to keep ourselves and our loved one safe for years yet to come. We may not be having twenty people over for dinner or traveling to see grandparents or inviting friends and neighbors over for a holiday party, but we can and will celebrate Christmas.

I would argue that in 2020 with all its changes and challenges we need to celebrate the holidays as we have come to love them. Regardless of whether you are fond of intimate and quiet times or noisy, busy, crowded times, whether you favor simple and calm decor or go all out with color and lights, whether you partake of multiple festivities or prefer some safe quiet evenings with a Christmas-themed book you can and you should not just acknowledge the holidays but positively exult in them. Don't let the year of politics and coronavirus stop you. Alter your traditions, make new ones, but don't let the virus win. We are all too important to give up.

So let us read and see all your holiday ideas, decorations, trees, garlands, outdoor happenings and decor, and much, much more. LET'S GO FOR IT!

Comments (134)