SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finndian

I'm starting to renovate my fire damaged property. Need advice!

Paul F.
3 years ago

I have a triplex consisting of 3 townhouse style units. I live in the front unit. A fire broke out in the 3 car garage and though it didn't breach the roof or walls it did cause extensive smoke damage to the unit partial sprawled over the top of the rear unit. Everything needs to be gutted not only in the garage but at least one of the units... the demo next week will uncover the extent of the smoke damage. There are two charred beams in the garage that need to be replaced so a structural engineer will be involved.

I'd like to take this time to convert the garage into a 1 bedroom rental, renovate all 6 bathrooms in the building at the same time I redo the one gutted apartment. In addition I'd like to take care of some hardscape/landscaping and add a security/intercom enter to the rear units. In my unit I'd like some bold design choices with wallpaper and furniture choices and see it all in 3D and concept drawings.

With all that, do I need to hire Architect, a Interior designer... landscape architect, a bathroom designer.... a combination? To be honest, if I had concept drawings I could execute a lot of the work with a crew if I had to.

Comments (6)