SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alsyli

Problems with Milgard Trinsic windows

Alex L.
3 years ago

Hello. I was supposed to have 3 Milgard Trinsic windows installed last week. The installer made an error an installed 2 Tuscany and 1 Trinsic (and is willing to correct the error at their own expense, thankfully).

The reason I'm posting is because the Trinsic window has an odd gap btw the window frame and the glass, and there's a lot of debris that has accumulated there (see pic). The Tuscany windows have no such gap.

The Trinsic window also has significant "track marks" on the stationary part of the frame over which the slider moves (see pic). We literally only installed the windows 7 days ago and haven't opened them much b/c of the weather. Our Tuscany window has faint track marks. Our sliders do feel a bit "gritty" when you operate them.

Our neighbors who have a mix of Tuscany and Styleline have either no marks or very, VERY faint marks (and have had them for well over a year). Their Tuscany window also feels more smooth in its operation.

I contacted Milgard yesterday to inquire about these issues. I was wondering if the window-installation pros here have any thoughts about whether these issues are design flaws, manufacturing flaws, or installation issues (or some combination).

Thanks.

Comments (17)