SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelnovice123

Backsplash and Paint Color Help

remodelnovice123
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone, we are redoing our house which included opening up the kitchen into the living room/dining room and now it has become one large open, connected space. I am having a really hard time figuring out what wall paint color will tie everything together and still be coordinated with the kitchen. I really wanted a white kitchen but now that it’s mostly finished it’s feeling a little cold and sterile to me. We have selected a very light (almost translucent) blue glass backsplash, but it hasn’t gone in yet (In last two photos). I am worried it will make the space feel even colder and that will domino into the living room. I really would like a warm feeling for the living space but don’t know how to tie it back to the kitchen/backsplash (the backsplash extends over the peninsula which is partially in the dining/living area). Should I ditch this backsplash and try to find something warmer? If we keep the backsplash, I would appreciate any recommendations for colors that would go with the backsplash and still warm up the living space. Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments (21)