SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdrum48

Wife hates remodel, doesn't want to redo it, won't move, what to do?

Chris M
3 years ago

We had our 1400 sq ft home remodeled two years ago. We used an unlicensed contractor (out first mistake) that was recommended by a good friend. He showed us photos of his work and everything looking great. He also recommended a "custom" cabinet maker that also showed us photos of his work that looked great, so we hired them to remodel two bathrooms, kitchen, dinning room, adding new baseboards, wood flooring we picked out, and paint. The contractor did a poor job, and so did the Cabinet maker ( we had him come back multiple times to correct mistakes in the kitchen, and ended up hiring two other guys just to get the lower corner cabs to operate correctly). We still haven't unpacked a lot of our boxes and only have the essentials set up to live with. No pictures on walls, living room still half unpacked and crammed full of stuff, garage still full of stuff we took out of the house and have no room for now, and my wife is depressed and angry every time she looks at the poor job they did with just about everything. I've tried to get her to agree to have another contractor come in and redo the kitchen at least, and some other things too but she won't go for it. Doesn't want anyone else in the house. We are stuck and don't know what to do. I guess I'm just ranting, but has anyone ever been through anything like this?

Comments (47)