Interesting "to watch" on Facebook

glenda_al

Faceboook page, at the top, in the middle, is what looks like a tv screen with an arrow pointing to the right.

Check it out. Interesting videos. Changes almost every time you click the arrow.

SaveComment29Like5
Comments (29)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey_CA

I got rid of my Facebook account several months ago. I got tired of Zuckerberg and his antics.

3 Likes Save    
Lucille

Glenda I just went and looked you are so observant, I had never even paid it any mind. Current video is a beautiful wedding one.

1 Like Save     Thanked by glenda_al
glenda_al

Lucille, scroll down, there's all kinds of videos. They change each time you click on the arrow. Food recipes, births, animals, flash dances, music, etc.

2 Likes Save    
desertsteph

I got rid of my Facebook account several months ago. I got tired of Zuckerberg and his antics.

I seldom use FB. I IM my sister right now because she doesn't receive emails from me for some reason. I've never used twitter and will be doing something to get away from google.

I don't trust any of them.

all 3 of those guys seemed very zombie like when I saw them on the news.

There is a rather new option out there called Parlor. I think it is like FB.

2 Likes Save    
jerseygirl07603 z6NJ

I enjoy the videos of Pasqualle the Italian Chef

2 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
glenda_al

I'm just sharing about the videos at the top of Facebook.

This is NOT intended for Facebook discussion on likes and dislikes. Start your own likes and dislikes of Facebook. Zuckerberg, etc.

8 Likes Save    
bpath

On my iPad, I don’t see the screen, I have a games doohickey that takes me to video games. On my android phone, instead of games, I have a little newspaper for news stories.

Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

If by Parlor you mean Parler it will suit you as a FB alternative if you lean very much to the right.

2 Likes Save    
Lucille

Checked out Pasquale thank you Jerseygirl.

Save    
joyfulguy

That's "right" as in "ri gh teous do ya figger, floral uk?

Thanks for the "heads up".

ole joyful ... a thankful canuck

Save    
caflowerluver

Thanks. Didn't know it was there. Just watched the movie Buck, the Talented Dog. A real tear jerker.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

I just watched: Little Boy Surprises Garbagemen With Cookies

2 Likes Save    
maifleur03

I have been having some show up in my normal feed. I especially like Charlie the Golden and his sister Daisy the newfie and the translations into human. Some of the stuff is pure crap. I am aware that they are monetized, make money for the poster, but the crap ones generally start with a disclaimer to watch to the very end. Then there is nothing burgers.

Save    
nickel_kg

Clicked and my first was a video of Mary Gauthier performing "Mercy Now", a favorite song that's like a prayer in my heart for many years now. Followed by silly dog videos. THANK YOU, GLENDA, for pointing that button out :-)

2 Likes Save    
nicole___

Glenda....I opened a NEW Facebook account, since my old one ....which was also new could NOT pass a security check. ☺ I see no such icon. Wish I did.

Save    
Rusty

Glenda, thanks for calling our attention to that. I've been on Facebook for quite a few years, but have never clicked on that little screen before. I watched a girl train a wild mustang this afternoon, so cool! Looking forward to seeing more cool stuff! ! !

Rusty

2 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
eld6161

I just started looking at it a few months back. I e learned about some very funny comedians.

They even have one called Dry Bar, clean comedy, no cursing.

It’s at the bottom of my FB page

glenda_al

awesome, just watched this: A 10 year-old autistic and blind boy singing. His voice shocked everyone.

Christopher Duffley is a 10 Years old blind autistic kid with an amazing voice.…

See More

0:23 / 6:21

1 Like Save    
bpath

Well, now I really feel like I’m missing out! Do I need to start randomly tapping on things in my FB screen?

1 Like Save    
nicole___

To the left of the screen there's a "watch" icon....is that it?

Save    
glenda_al

click it Mine is in the middle at top of page.

1 Like Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Thanks Glenda! I loved the wedding one. Never clicked on that icon before!

Save     Thanked by glenda_al
kathyg_in_mi

No it is not on the iPad, just on my computer.

Cherryfizz

The "watch" option has been there for a few years but it has been on the left side of your news feed before the new FB update came out.

glenda_al

I just found it couple weeks ago and really enjoy. It's on the center for me on the computer. I do not have any other devices.

Save    
lily316

I've been on FB for 12 years and never noticed that. So I just clicked on it and there was an eight-minute Bill Maher clip and then a mini-movie about a cheating husband. Interesting. Thanks for the tip, Glenda. I'll be checking this every day.

sleeperblues

That was interesting, Glenda, thanks for pointing it out. I think that the videos are geared towards what a user generally looks at on Facebook, because I had a lot of dog rescue videos. I love watching the videos where kind hearted people rescue dogs in really bad shape and clean them up and socialize them so they can get adopted, and that was what most of my videos were. There was also an interesting video about Strawn, Texas where they don't have enough kids to make up a full football team, so they play with 6 players and have been state champs in their division many times. Very uplifting, thanks again!

1 Like Save    
lily316

I think you are right, sleeper, that the videos are skewed to what interests the viewers participate in. Me it's cats and politics.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

Am seeing a lot regarding food, expecially today, it is Kitchen Nightmares

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Tech Open Workspaces Let You Watch Over Kids' Online Time
Keep your children safe while they're surfing the Internet with desks and computers in accessible areas of the home
Full Story
Inside Houzz Data Watch: How Much Building Permits Cost and How Long They Take
A new Houzz survey reveals what the building permit process is like for both first-timers and experienced applicants
Full Story