SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanne_j

Help! with layout of living/dining room

Jeanne J
3 years ago

Hello Houzzers, I am not convinced that the current layout of my living/dining room is optimal. What do you think? I am looking for layout ideas but other ideas to inexpensively update my room are also very welcome. My husband and I live in this house. We like to entertain – think dining with groups of friends and family, playing games (not at the moment of course but hopefully once again soon). We love our woodburning fireplace and use it a lot. When our children and grandchildren come, they stay with us for a couple weeks. So we definitely would like as much seating as possible. This living/dining room is our only reception area so it must be multi-purpose: “formal” living room; dining room; cosy place to read and enjoy the fire; a hang out for watching TV and eating pizza on the couch. The dining room table (which has one more leaf) needs to be protected since we often write on it, use it to fold laundry etc.

I have enclosed a plan with measurements of the room and our main items of furniture, which Ideally I would keep . Many thanks!

Comments (155)