SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

PLEASE remove the floating "SALE" link

dirtygardener
3 years ago

I've been on Gardenweb forums since 1996, and never encountered anything this annoying since Spike used to send us to Disney for doing whatever annoyed him that particular moment. This is something so aggravating that it has caused me (and others, I'm sure) to only come to this site occasionally. This is especially true of Gardenweb garden forum users.

When I'm trying to post, especially when I'm typing the title, I'll accidentally mouseover that sale link and my entire page is covered. This is just extremely poor UX design, and needs to be fixed. you have a large SALE tag on the top of the page. Many of us have no intention of ever buying anything from houzz, we just want to attend and socialize on the forums.

Gardenweb forums have lost so many members since houzz took over, because you are obviously much more aggressive about the commercial aspect of this site than any other owners were. If you intend to keep annoying us with this horrid web design, please just sell of the Gardenweb forums and let us go to someone who isn't going to make posting here a painful endeavor.

Comment (1)