SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_grosmaire

Layout for remodeling master bathroom

Laura Grosmaire
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We simply have to redo this bathroom (particularly after sawing a hole in the bottom of the vanity due to leak!). I've attached pics and a scale drawing. Some of the "rules":

1. toilet stays where it is

2. baseboard hydronic heating element by toilet stays as

3. hot water heater stays as is

I currently have 2 ideas in mind, but am looking for feedback/alternative suggestions for improvements. This is just how to roughly utilize space, haven't gotten to actual "design elements" yet

Idea #1 a. Put shower on right of door where jacuzzi is. Dimension to be slightly shorter than jacuzzi to open up space to access toilet - would still want tile (or something) short/lowish wall at that end (to get window light to shower)

b. Enlarge closet to entire wall on left (taking shower space) with good lighting

c. Leave small, updated vanity

Idea#2 a. Leave shower where it is, but enlarge into closet space (still be very small closet space, door would not be moved), also expand out to flush with closet wall as you can see in pic

b. Remove vanity and put a furniture type piece there for towels, storage, etc.

c. Put a double vanity where jacuzzi is, would still have some sort of pony wall by toilet (would move out, as in plan #1) to accommodate access space

I hope this clear! And of course pics are worth more than words. Thanks in advance for ideas, suggestions, feedback!!

Edited to add, the closet is roughly 78x38 inches, and the water heater has a diameter of ~24 inches. The room in total is ~11ft10in (132 in) X 9ft10in (118 in).

Comments (19)