SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollabaughr

Where do I hang a new mirror in my asymmetrical foyer?

R H
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am going to replace the current mirror in our home's foyer with one that is round, 39" diameter, and silver-framed. It will go on a wall above a bench that is 43" wide. I want to hang the mirror so it is centered over the bench, but the bench functions best if it is a off-center against the wall (more to the right) due to the entry area on the left. Is it okay if the mirror isn't centered on the wall? For reference, the current mirror (see below) IS centered, and the bench always ends up further to the right of it.

Our foyer is very asymmetrical. As you can see from the photos, the two opposing walls are different lengths. When you consider the floor register near the door, the closet, the walls, the bench, and the rug — none of the elements are centered in relation to each other and it drives me nuts. FWIW, I would like a larger rug, but the next size up from this one was too wide for the space. Also, I plan to hang the new mirror lower than the current mirror. :)

Thanks! And btw, click on the photos to view in their entirety. Houzz is cropping them in the previews.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH